Medyo kamakailan ay naipalabas ang THE HOWS OF US nina KathNiel, which, in all fairness, is a movie to watch. Bagay na bagay ito sa lahat ng uri ng relationship especially those who are in long-term. Maipapakita ng pelikula ang struggles, sakit, sakripisyo at tamis ng pag-ibig.
Sabi ng nakararami, kasalanan ni Primo kung bakit sila naghiwalay. ‘Yung “misplaced” passion at walang drive to sustain their life ang dahilan bakit napuno si George. Wala siya sa lugar, kulang sa pangarap at insensitive — ayon sa nakararaming reviews.
But I have an opinion on this matter and I would like to point out what’s wrong with George.
1.She did not support Primo. Yes. She did not. She was there but never a scene nung nagsimula na silang mahirapan na nag-cheer siya kay Primo. She was JUST THERE because she is his girlfriend but not as his partner. She was there, kasama niya sa bahay but she did not cheer him up nor kumustahin how he feels. She was there but she’s indifferent. Kapag kasi mahal mo ang isang tao, when you support him or her, it’s not just being there; it’s being with the person HEART and SOUL. That includes criticizing him and pointing out what’s not working and what’s destroying you both.
2. SHE SECRETLY HATED HIM. Yes, she resented him kahit na sila pa . That’s why when she said “minsan lang ako napagod” doesn’t make sense. Pagod siya all along pero minsan lang siya nagreklamo and it’s not a good thing. Again, in a relationship, you have to be transparent para may ma-resolve kayo. Keeping her silence just made things worse. Though Primo already knew she’s not okay, she should have pointed it out bago pa naging hatred ang love. Para hindi nag-build up ang pain. Para maaga pa lang, may nagawa na sila to resolve it kesa naghiwalay sila kasi napuno na ‘yung isa.
3. She should have pursued her dreams before siya nag-commit. She was crazy in love with Primo that she forgot herself. She forgot her dreams. Falling in love is not a bad thing but committing to someone nang hindi calculated nor hindi ka handa at pinairal lang ang emosyon mo is a recipe for sure regret and break up. We may be living in a modern world pero I am a believer of achieving all you want bago ka mag-commit. Kailangan fulfilled mo muna mga gusto mong magawa sa buhay mo. Kasi kapag may partner ka na, kailangan mo siyang i-consider sa lahat ng gagawin at desisyon mo.
4. She’s not thinking things through. Maybe because she’s tired. She was so focused in her emotions and hardships but she forgot Primo had struggles too. They never talked like they were couples. They are just there by default pero wala silang support system.
5. She never let Primo explain. All she did was to “understand” him pero hindi niya inaalam bakit siya (Primo) ganun? Anong plano niya? Anong pangarap niya. Nagalit na lang siya at napuno na lang siya.
This blog is not to destroy the film nor to spread hate. This is just an opinion or lesson I learned based sa characters sa film. Nothing is directed personally to Kathniel. The Hows of Us, like I mentioned earlier, is a must-watch. You’ll learn a lot, you’ll feel a lot of emotions, you’re gonna hold your partner’s hands if tomorrow’s the last.
- Baboy - October 25, 2018
- Ayoko Nang Lumuhod - October 15, 2018
- What’s wrong with George? The Hows of Us [A late review] - October 11, 2018
- Father’s Day Mula Sa Isang Ulila - June 17, 2017
- Dear Gloc 9 (Isang Bukas na Liham) - April 2, 2016
- To a Love That Was Never There - October 3, 2015
- Ang Wheelchair, Mga Artista, Limangdaan at ang Pilipinas - October 3, 2014
- Dear Senator Nancy Binay (An Open Letter) - October 2, 2014
- Bong Nagsisigaw sa Matinding Migraine, Parang Tinutusta sa Loob ng Kulungan - September 24, 2014
- Sa Kanyang Unang Pagluhod (Version II) - September 17, 2014