- Little girl cries after hearing the possibility of life-extinction on Earth due to the depletion of ozone layer
- The heart-melting video went viral on social media
- Researchers in the Antartic reported that a tear in the ozone layer above the continent is showing signs of healing
A heart-melting reaction of a little girl weeping after hearing the possibility of life-extinction on Earth due to the thinning of the ozone layer went viral on Facebook.
According to Manila Coconuts, the seven-year-old Empress cried after her older sister Princess shared what she learned in school about global warming to her mother.
“When it gets warm, plants will rot and we will run out of air,” Princess reportedly said in Filipino, followed by the younger girl who start crying, jumping around, and hugging her mother saying she’s scared.
Empress said she’s fearful of dying, while her mother consoled her and said they are just having a conversation about it; reminded her not to burn plastic.
The video has already garnered 2.3-million views, 20,000 reactions, and more than 45,000 shares as of posting.
The ozone layer, also called ozone shield, as defined by Wikipedia, is a region of the Earth’s stratosphere that absorbs most of the Sun’s ultraviolet radiation. It is similar to a blanket shielding us from the harmful radiation, but pollution caused holes in its layer.
There’s good news, based on a Mental Floss story, as researchers in the Antartic reported that a tear in the ozone layer above the continent is showing signs of healing.
The progress, however, couldn’t be declared a victory according to climate scientists because if the present rate continues, the ozone won’t wholly heal over or until at least the year 2100.
GMA News disclosed that chlorofluorocarbons, chemicals found in the refrigerant, aerosol, and plastic products causes the depletion of the ozone layer.
Let this somehow remind us to take care of our environment.
Take a look at the viral video from Leizel Porras-Dador:
- PRRD says the country needs more citizens like Ninoy Aquino - August 20, 2018
- Speaker Gloria Arroyo says she has no plans to run as Prime Minister - August 20, 2018
- 52-year-old OFW found lifeless in a hotel room in Saudi Arabia - August 20, 2018
- Bais City constructs lighthouse for Golden Charter Anniversary - August 20, 2018
- Frightened passengers take video of an alleged white lady along Old Zigzag road - August 20, 2018
- PGH PA condemns Ramon Tulfo ‘cyberbullying, shaming’ a medical staff - August 20, 2018
- Super Tekla reveals facing doubts regarding his sexuality before confirming he’s 100% guy - August 20, 2018
- Filipino math wizards win 24 medals in an international competition held in China - August 20, 2018
- Joma Sison claims PRRD in coma - August 20, 2018
- ‘Inday Will Always Love You’ gets season 2 due to success in ratings, social media - August 18, 2018