- A photo of a 1900s flood outside the Manila City Hall was uploaded in a Facebook group
- Memories of Old Manila member Len Len uploaded a picture of a flooded vicinity
- Many Facebook users realized that flooding has been a problem in the area even in the 1900s
The flood near the Manila City Hall, as well as in the nearby places, has been a common view during rainy days at present. But did you know that the flooding in the area has been a problem even in the early 1900s?
In the Facebook group Memories of Old Manila, a 1904 picture of a flood in front of the Manila City Hall was uploaded by member Len Len.
“1904 Manila City Hall flooding photo (ctto),” she wrote on the caption of the photo.
Many Facebook users commented on the post; realizing how flooding has been a problem for a long time in Manila.
“Matagal nang problema sa Manila ang baha,” SP said.
[Flooding has been a problem in Manila for a long time.]
“I never wonder,” BR wrote.
Some also felt sad, thinking that, perhaps, the problem on Manila flooding would never be solved as it has been a major concern even when the problem on garbage disposal was not yet that big.]
Still the same problem as seen in this photo shared by ABS CBN.
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - September 6, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - September 6, 2018
- Press Release: Groups slam DENR for continued permit issuance and approval of coal projects - September 6, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - September 5, 2018