- A photo of a 1900s flood outside the Manila City Hall was uploaded in a Facebook group
- Memories of Old Manila member Len Len uploaded a picture of a flooded vicinity
- Many Facebook users realized that flooding has been a problem in the area even in the 1900s
The flood near the Manila City Hall, as well as in the nearby places, has been a common view during rainy days at present. But did you know that the flooding in the area has been a problem even in the early 1900s?
In the Facebook group Memories of Old Manila, a 1904 picture of a flood in front of the Manila City Hall was uploaded by member Len Len.
“1904 Manila City Hall flooding photo (ctto),” she wrote on the caption of the photo.
Many Facebook users commented on the post; realizing how flooding has been a problem for a long time in Manila.
“Matagal nang problema sa Manila ang baha,” SP said.
[Flooding has been a problem in Manila for a long time.]
“I never wonder,” BR wrote.
Some also felt sad, thinking that, perhaps, the problem on Manila flooding would never be solved as it has been a major concern even when the problem on garbage disposal was not yet that big.]
Still the same problem as seen in this photo shared by ABS CBN.
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018