- A photo of a 1900s flood outside the Manila City Hall was uploaded in a Facebook group
- Memories of Old Manila member Len Len uploaded a picture of a flooded vicinity
- Many Facebook users realized that flooding has been a problem in the area even in the 1900s
The flood near the Manila City Hall, as well as in the nearby places, has been a common view during rainy days at present. But did you know that the flooding in the area has been a problem even in the early 1900s?
In the Facebook group Memories of Old Manila, a 1904 picture of a flood in front of the Manila City Hall was uploaded by member Len Len.
“1904 Manila City Hall flooding photo (ctto),” she wrote on the caption of the photo.
Many Facebook users commented on the post; realizing how flooding has been a problem for a long time in Manila.
“Matagal nang problema sa Manila ang baha,” SP said.
[Flooding has been a problem in Manila for a long time.]
“I never wonder,” BR wrote.
Some also felt sad, thinking that, perhaps, the problem on Manila flooding would never be solved as it has been a major concern even when the problem on garbage disposal was not yet that big.]
Still the same problem as seen in this photo shared by ABS CBN.
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018