- A photo of a 1900s flood outside the Manila City Hall was uploaded in a Facebook group
- Memories of Old Manila member Len Len uploaded a picture of a flooded vicinity
- Many Facebook users realized that flooding has been a problem in the area even in the 1900s
The flood near the Manila City Hall, as well as in the nearby places, has been a common view during rainy days at present. But did you know that the flooding in the area has been a problem even in the early 1900s?
In the Facebook group Memories of Old Manila, a 1904 picture of a flood in front of the Manila City Hall was uploaded by member Len Len.
“1904 Manila City Hall flooding photo (ctto),” she wrote on the caption of the photo.
Many Facebook users commented on the post; realizing how flooding has been a problem for a long time in Manila.
“Matagal nang problema sa Manila ang baha,” SP said.
[Flooding has been a problem in Manila for a long time.]
“I never wonder,” BR wrote.
Some also felt sad, thinking that, perhaps, the problem on Manila flooding would never be solved as it has been a major concern even when the problem on garbage disposal was not yet that big.]
Still the same problem as seen in this photo shared by ABS CBN.
- Supercouple ‘AlDub’ rakes 2 million tweets on 3rd anniversary - July 19, 2018
- Cebu-based guitar duo brings home gold medal in a world championship competition - July 18, 2018
- [Video] If they’re ready, Joshua will marry Julia 8 to 10 years from now - July 18, 2018
- Special Asssitant to the President Bong Go’s billboard on NLEX taken down - July 18, 2018
- Dedicated employee walks 20 miles to his first day in job; boss gives him a car as gift - July 18, 2018
- ‘I Love You, Hater’ star Julia Barretto: I want to be more than my last name - July 17, 2018
- Wear Your Pinoy Pride: Robin Padilla Kickstarts Brand Pilipinas 2018 - July 17, 2018
- Dumaguete dance troupe wins first place in Korea tilt - July 17, 2018
- Kara expresses gratitude to the journalist behind her ‘1st big break’ - July 17, 2018
- Pacquiao ‘thinking to get back’ Freddie Roach - July 17, 2018