The flood near the Manila City Hall, as well as in the nearby places, has been a common view during rainy days at present. But did you know that the flooding in the area has been a problem even in the early 1900s?
In the Facebook group Memories of Old Manila, a 1904 picture of a flood in front of the Manila City Hall was uploaded by member Len Len.
“1904 Manila City Hall flooding photo (ctto),” she wrote on the caption of the photo.
Many Facebook users commented on the post; realizing how flooding has been a problem for a long time in Manila.
“Matagal nang problema sa Manila ang baha,” SP said. [Flooding has been a problem in Manila for a long time.]
“I never wonder,” BR wrote.
Some also felt sad, thinking that, perhaps, the problem on Manila flooding would never be solved as it has been a major concern even when the problem on garbage disposal was not yet that big.]
Still the same problem as seen in this photo shared by ABS CBN.
And because the rainy season is starting to make its presence felt, here’s hoping we get less floods this year.
- Malinis at maluwag na Divisoria, posible pa ba? - June 22, 2019
- Angelica Panganiban, idinaan na sa socmed ang reklamo sa telco dahil sa palpak na serbisyo - June 21, 2019
- PH Army to train with Israeli forces - June 21, 2019
- DFA chief says ‘NO’ to Recto Bank joint probe with China - June 21, 2019
- PAL voted as 2019’s Most Improved Airline by Skytrax - June 19, 2019
- Facebook launches own cryptocurrency “Libra” - June 19, 2019
- Duterte downplays Recto Bank incident: A “little maritime accident” - June 18, 2019
- Throwback: A 1904 photo of flood outside Manila City Hall - June 17, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019