- Thirty athletes have arrived in the Philippines to compete for the 41st World Strongest Man
- The popular sports television series will be shown in over 70 countries and will feature selected Philippine destinations
- Among those who arrived was defending champion Eddie Hall and Game of Thrones actor Hafþór Júlíus ‘Thor’ Björnsson
Thirty athletes have arrived in the Philippines to compete for the 41st World Strongest Man (WSM).
In an official releases, the Department of Tourism (DOT) disclosed that among the athletes who arrived on Tuesday, April 24, were USA’s Bryan Benzel, and Iceland’s Hafþór Júlíus “Thor” Björnsson who played Ser Gregor Clegane (The Mountain) in the Game of Thrones.
Those who arrived on Wednesday, April 25, were Adam Derks (USA), Martin Forsmark (Sweden), Konstantine Janashia (Georgia), Dennis Kohlruss (Germany), Marius Lalas (Lithuania), Zydrunas Savickas (Lithuania), Vytautas Lalas (Lithuania), Martins Licis (USA), Krysztof Radzikowski (Poland), Robert Oberst (USA), and Rongoihaere “Rongo” Keene (Australia).
Meanwhile, on Thursday, April 26, those who came to the country were Matjaz Belsak (Slovenia), Nick Best (USA), Iron Biby (Burkina Faso), Adam Bishop (Great Britain), JF Caron (Canada), Johan Els (South Africa), Mark Felix (Great Britain), Johnny Hansson (Sweden), Graham Hicks (Great Britain), Terry Hollands (Great Britain), Rob Kearney (USA), Mateusz Kieliszkowski,(Poland), Peiman Maheripourehir (Iran), Laurence Shahlaei (Great Britain), Brian Shaw (USA), Mikhail Shivlyakov (Russia), Aivars Smaukstelis (Latvia), and Luke Stoltman (Great Britain).
Englishman Eddie Hall, known as “The Beast”, also returned to defend his title as the “World’s Strongest Man” (WSM) against other competitors, including former titleholders.
“This year’s edition of the World’s Strongest Man will not only be a thrilla in Manila as it will showcase some of our top tourist destinations and promote the country as a worthwhile venue for international sports events,” said DOT Secretary Wanda Teo.
The popular sports television series, which will be shown in over 70 countries, will feature selected destinations such as Rizal Park, Intramuros, Bonifacio Global City, Corregidor Island, Tagaytay City, Bataan, Davao City, and Coron Island.
- Italian parents forbidden by court to name their baby daughter Blu - May 27, 2018
- Meet the Filipina ‘Baby Whisperer’ who empowers young parents - May 26, 2018
- Michael Jackson’s iconic anti-gravity dance move decoded by neurosurgeons - May 26, 2018
- Late Angara’s grandson withdraws from Bangkok tournament to deliver his eulogy - May 26, 2018
- [Video] Pooh and friends bring delight, nostalgia in Christopher Robin trailer 2 - May 26, 2018
- Pinoy photographer Rommel Lugada wins bronze in Moscow Int’l Foto Awards - May 26, 2018
- PRO ARMM Conducts First SWAT Training - May 26, 2018
- Filipina graduates summa cum laude, finishes 3 majors at New York University - May 26, 2018
- Duterte ‘weeps’ during valve opening of oil and gas production in Cebu - May 26, 2018
- Filipino contestant and partner win grand prize in Belgium’s Got Talent - May 26, 2018