I already voted for the highest position of the land and it was Duterte. I have been very vocal about my choice and so many people were asking why I chose Duterte.
Let me begin by telling you of what I observed about Singapore and Canada. I worked and lived in Singapore for almost 2 years and I experienced how the law and order was put into practice.
Singapore is one of the highly-urbanized and rich countries in the world. It has very organized means of transportation, world class airport and recognized as the safest and cleanest city in the world.
Right now, I have been living and working in Canada for almost 3 years. I have noticed that Canada and Singapore have similarities. The Canadian government also implements law and order. People here are more disciplined and law abiding citizens.
These experiences made me ask myself – why we Filipinos cannot do it in our own country. Why are we good at following laws in other countries but in our homeland most people resist the law. Why do most of us lack discipline in our own country? We have been enjoying democracy but we failed to reciprocate the good things that democracy has brought to us.
When Rodrigo Duterte declared his candidacy, I was one of the people who felt ecstatic verf his decision. I followed most of the Duterte’s fanpage. Every story about him, I read them all. I was hooked to this man. To further widen knowledge about him I researched his background.
Rodrigo “Rody” Roa Duterte was born on March 28, 1945, nicknamed Digong, is a Filipino lawyer and politician of Visayan descent. Duterte is among the longest-serving mayors in the Philippines and has been mayor of Davao City, a highly urbanized city onMindanao island for 7 terms, totaling more than 22 years. He has also served as vice-mayor and congressman in the city.
Known for his zero-tolerance policies against criminals, he earned the nickname “The Punisher also Dirty Harry of the Philippines. His iron fist of implementing the law and city ordinance made him a well-respected political person of the country. He also obtained a law degree from San Beda College of Law, still in Manila, in 1972. In the same year, he passed the bar exam. Duterte eventually became Special Counsel at the City Prosecution Office in Davao City from 1977-1979; Fourth Assistant City Prosecutor from 1979-1981; Third Assistant City Prosecutor from 1981-1983; and Second Assistant City Prosecutor from 1983-1986.
The information I got and the experience of living in other countries played a big part in my decision to vote for him.
These are the following reasons why I chose him.
1. I would rather choose the person with good leadership. Duterte has proven to have a good track record. He gets things done according to what has been planned. I want to make it happen what he has accomplished in Davao to be implemented all over the country.
2. Just like Davao city, I want to have a safe place where my family, friends, co-workers, and other people feel safe when we are out in the streets.
3. I want to have a 911 emergency service all over the country-helping our people in any kind of emergency services like Ambulance service, fire emergency, police assistance, calamity services etc.
4. I am in favor of anti-smoking ordinance. People should smoke only in the right place or designated areas. I am not a smoker and I don’t want my family and friends to get sick because of the smoke inhaled anywhere.
5. I agree with the Liquor Ban-an ordinance of selling liquor after midnight.
6. I want the Traffic Management center in Davao to be implemented in the whole country. Installing CCTV Cameras for monitoring traffic and incidents in different spot or place in the whole city to minimize criminality.
7. I am in favor of firecracker ban during Christmas and New Year. Every Christmas and New Year many people became victim of firecrackers because there were no designated areas.
8. Duterte is known to really get things done as he promised. One of his plans if he becomes president is to build a modern train and additional airport. The Philippines have been known to have poor infrastructure and we have the worse airport in the world. I believe that in his leadership he will transform this corrupt country to a prosper nation.
9. I am irritated of the issue of Tanim bala or laglag bala incidents. Until now, this corrupt activities is still exist. Why this has been occurring for a long time? It seems that the government does not have plans to stop this shameful activity.
10. I want to be proud of my country. Start a new life in my homeland start new life happy and worry free.
These are some of my reasons why I want him to lead our country. I believe he is the right choice to lead our country to become progressive. A leader like Duterte can implement all of these. He has the political will to fix this country. He may have some flaws but as what he has promised, he vows a clean government if elected. I want this kind of leader to rebuild this crippled nation. Mabuhay tayong lahat. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas! Mabuhay si Presidente Duterte.
Please share and likes my blog.
for more blogs visit at orbittingtrends.net