Behind the glamour and the prestige of an artist lies an everyday struggle finding inspiration within. Likewise, finding money to buy canvas, plus hours and hours working on our pieces.
Sometimes we don’t get the respect that we artist deserve from our government because of extreme criticism from people, peers and our colleagues. Sometimes we don’t eat just to provide canvas where we could create masterpieces. Sometimes we borrow money from our families and relatives to create imaginative cognitive expression to the world, and in return we rarely get recognized by everyone.
But with determination and faith in God we manage to use our creative gifts to relay a clear and fresh perspective towards serenity and creating positive change through visual expression and aesthetic impact to the world.
Lastly, the life of an artist is an adventure towards self discovery and mastery of one’s consiousness towards a higher purpose and being an artist takes a lot of guts and risks with great patience, practice and perservance and it takes also passion towards innovative means of expression one’s self.
- The Life of an Artist - August 28, 2018
- Dilemmas of Persons with Disabilities - August 20, 2018
- “Frame or No Frame” - July 28, 2018
- “MATA” - July 18, 2018
- An open letter to Maine Mendoza - November 9, 2015
- Is an artist getting enough support from the art community ? - August 19, 2015
- Is joining art competitions expensive and tiring here in the Philippines ? - August 17, 2015
- Are art fairs in the Philippines for the rich ? - August 12, 2015
- Is still life painting a boring subject ? - August 8, 2015