- SC spokesperson Atty. Theodore Te has resigned
- Te confirmed on Monday that CJ De Castro accepted his resignation
- The human rights lawyer said he will be returning to full-time academic life
- His resignation will take effect on September 7
MANILA, Philippines – Supreme Court spokesperson Atty. Theodore Te has resigned; just days after a new Chief Justice was named to replace ousted Maria Lourdes Sereno.
Te, a human rights lawyer and a former University of the Philippines College of Law professor like Sereno, submitted his resignation to newly-appointed Chief Justice Teresita Leonardo-De Castro last August 29.
On Monday, September 3, Te confirmed that De Castro has accepted his resignation as Assistant Court Administrator and Chief of the SC’s Public Information Office (PIO).
Te said in his resignation letter that the new CJ should be given a free hand to craft her own media policies and “to appoint a person whom your Honor believes could best implement those policies”.
“It has been a pleasure to have served on 3 committees which Your Honor has led during my tenure as chief of the Public Information Office. May I respectfully offer my every good wish for your and the Court’s success,” Te said.
Te added he will be returning to full-time academic life which he had put on hold after being appointed to the Supreme Court by Sereno in 2013.
“I respectfully believe that I would be of greater value to the judiciary and the Court in the academic world at this time,” he said.
Te’s resignation will be effective this coming September 7. He will be replaced by Deputy Information Chief Maria Victoria Gleoresty Guerra as acting PIO chief.
- Payo ni Dok sa mga taong hirap sa paghinga, agad magpa-check up - March 13, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019
- Tatlo pang pinaghihinalaang nangunguha ng mga bata, iniimbestigahan - March 5, 2019
- Arestadong kidnapping suspect umaming mahigit 20 bata ang nadukot nila simula Oktubre 2018 - February 25, 2019
- Buong pamilyang Pinoy nasawi sa malagim na car accident sa California - February 25, 2019
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019