- SC spokesperson Atty. Theodore Te has resigned
- Te confirmed on Monday that CJ De Castro accepted his resignation
- The human rights lawyer said he will be returning to full-time academic life
- His resignation will take effect on September 7
MANILA, Philippines – Supreme Court spokesperson Atty. Theodore Te has resigned; just days after a new Chief Justice was named to replace ousted Maria Lourdes Sereno.
Te, a human rights lawyer and a former University of the Philippines College of Law professor like Sereno, submitted his resignation to newly-appointed Chief Justice Teresita Leonardo-De Castro last August 29.
On Monday, September 3, Te confirmed that De Castro has accepted his resignation as Assistant Court Administrator and Chief of the SC’s Public Information Office (PIO).
Te said in his resignation letter that the new CJ should be given a free hand to craft her own media policies and “to appoint a person whom your Honor believes could best implement those policies”.
“It has been a pleasure to have served on 3 committees which Your Honor has led during my tenure as chief of the Public Information Office. May I respectfully offer my every good wish for your and the Court’s success,” Te said.
Te added he will be returning to full-time academic life which he had put on hold after being appointed to the Supreme Court by Sereno in 2013.
“I respectfully believe that I would be of greater value to the judiciary and the Court in the academic world at this time,” he said.
Te’s resignation will be effective this coming September 7. He will be replaced by Deputy Information Chief Maria Victoria Gleoresty Guerra as acting PIO chief.
- Malinis at maluwag na Divisoria, posible pa ba? - June 22, 2019
- Angelica Panganiban, idinaan na sa socmed ang reklamo sa telco dahil sa palpak na serbisyo - June 21, 2019
- PH Army to train with Israeli forces - June 21, 2019
- DFA chief says ‘NO’ to Recto Bank joint probe with China - June 21, 2019
- PAL voted as 2019’s Most Improved Airline by Skytrax - June 19, 2019
- Facebook launches own cryptocurrency “Libra” - June 19, 2019
- Duterte downplays Recto Bank incident: A “little maritime accident” - June 18, 2019
- Throwback: A 1904 photo of flood outside Manila City Hall - June 17, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019