Ginebra San Miguel Inc., maker of the world’s largest selling gin, never fails to make headlines every year with their much-awaited revelation of who’s their newest calendar girl.
The list of beautiful women who have had the same honor to represent the brand in previous years include Kim Domingo, Ellen Adarna, Marian Rivera, and their current endorser Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach.
Looking back, let’s take a look at portraits of classy and beautiful models of San Miguel Brewery by Romeo Enriquez, a master portrait artist who won many times at the Art Association of the Philippines (AAP) contests.
These paintings aren’t like the ones we see in television everyday. They are timeless photos of beloved and treasured celebrities and models from the past.
Some of the calendar models were positively identified as Rose Marie Fructuoso in white Filipiniana (upper right) and Alicia Rosal Barr, below left in blue dress.
It’s like a badge of honor for every celebrity who will be chosen to endorse their products. There’s this mystery in their eyes that reveals their personalities by just looking at each painting.
Up to this day, San Miguel still chooses women who can represent what their brand stands for “matapang“, “ganado” at “lalaban.” (brave, driven and a fighter)
- London’s V&A Museum to exhibit Mindanao traditional clothing - June 2, 2019
- Long lost twin? Grab rider, driver magka-‘lokalike’ - May 31, 2019
- A breastfeeding mom’s journey to lose weight - May 10, 2019
- San Miguel calendar girls of all time - May 10, 2019
- Half Filipina Jennifer Chang wins best director award in LA - May 8, 2019
- Japan scholarship applications for Filipinos open until end of May 2019 - May 8, 2019
- Blooming preggy celebs ngayong 2019 - May 7, 2019
- Ang Unang Suweldo ni Bunso - May 7, 2019
- My Nanny, My Baby - April 23, 2019
- Feeling down? Pray with your heart - February 25, 2019