- Roderick Paulate on Friday posted bail at the Sandiganbayan to secure his provisional liberty in his graft and falsification charges
- He posted a total bail bond of P246,000 while his co-accused, Vicente Esquilon Bajamunde paid a bond of P220,000
Quezon City Councilor and actor Roderick Paulate on Friday posted bail at the Sandiganbayan to secure his provisional liberty.
Paulate posted a total bail bond of P246,000 for his graft and falsification cases for allegedly hiring 30 ghost employees in 2010.
His case was raffled to the docket of the Seventh Division.
Paulate’s co-accused, driver and liaison officer Vicente Esquilon Bajamunde, meanwhile paid a bond of P220,000.
The Office of the Ombudsman has charged the two with one each count of violation of Section 3(e) of the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act, and eight counts of falsification of public document.
Paulate also faces one count of falsification by a public officer.
Paulate allegedly ordered his chief of staff to prepare Personal Data Sheets and falsified job orders, which he all signed as the recommending authority. He also issued certifications declaring that the 30 listed contractual personnel worked for 40 hours per week and authorized Bajamunde to collect the 30’s salaries from July 1 to November 15, 2010 in the sum of P1.1 million.
- Payo ni Dok sa mga taong hirap sa paghinga, agad magpa-check up - March 13, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019
- Tatlo pang pinaghihinalaang nangunguha ng mga bata, iniimbestigahan - March 5, 2019
- Arestadong kidnapping suspect umaming mahigit 20 bata ang nadukot nila simula Oktubre 2018 - February 25, 2019
- Buong pamilyang Pinoy nasawi sa malagim na car accident sa California - February 25, 2019
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019