In close coordination with DepEd and other national and local government agencies, the PNP Police Regional Office in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (PRO ARMM) has geared up in ensuring a secured and peaceful opening of classes on June 4, 2018.
Regional Director P/Chief Supt Graciano Mijares said PRO ARMM has joined the DepEd ARMM’s Brigada Eskwela program in preparing the public school classrooms for the opening of classes.
PRO ARMM shall establish Police Assistance Desks (PADs) in schools to provide public safety and security coverage.
Police visibility operations will also be intensified along major routes leading to all learning institutions and within the immediate vicinity of the schools to prevent cases of bullying and other unlawful acts such as budol-budols (thieves).
In cooperation with the LGUs, PRO ARMM shall strictly implement zoning ordinances prohibiting the existence of computer shops, billiards establishments and other distractive games and recreation facilities within the immediate vicinity of schools.
Mijares said the PNP cautions the students to be wary of strangers, to refrain from talking to them, to avoid wearing expensive jewelry and refrain from bringing large amounts of money or using expensive phones while in the streets.
Senior Insp. Jemar Delos Santos, PRO ARMM public information officer said students and parents may contact “Isumbong mo kay TSIP” (Report it to the Chief) Hotline at 0917-8475757, National emergency hotline 911, Hotline 8888, PRO ARMM Hotline at 0915-8741746 and through social media (FB page: PNP PRO ARMM @pro.armm).
Submitted by Ted Khan R Juanite
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018