- Poland is considering to hire Filipino workers
- Poland’s growing labor shortage is hurting its economy
- Poland and the Philippines share many cultural values being both Roman Catholic nations
A growing labor shortage that is hurting its economy has prompted Poland, whose right-wing government is against taking in migrants, to consider hiring workers from other countries outside of the European Union.
As per an ABS-CBN story, a senior official of Poland said they are signing a labor agreement with Philippine authorities by September at the earliest.
Stanislaw Szwed, Poland’s Secretary of State in the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social policy, said his country is on course to signing an accord with the Philippines.
“We are on course to conclude an agreement. I hope that in the autumn (September to November) we will be able to at least sign a preliminary accord with the Philippine authorities,” Szwed said.
Szwed noted that the Philippines and Poland, being both Catholic nations, share many cultural values.
Meanwhile, Elsa U. Villa, president of the Philippine Association of Service Exporters, Inc., said that based on their meetings with Polish employers, Poland will be needing thousands of workers in the manufacturing and agricultural sectors.
Villa said the number of needed migrant workers for the aforementioned sectors could reach at least 100,000. She added that Poland is currently experiencing a labor shortage because of its aging population due to low birth rate and the emigration of its own Polish workforce to more affluent European Union countries.
Poland has been relying with the neighboring Ukraine for its workforce. At least a million of Ukrainians are already working in the country and 300,000 more are expected in the next few years.
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - October 8, 2018
- RAWR Awards will be happening again in November - September 19, 2018
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - September 6, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - September 6, 2018