- Poland is considering to hire Filipino workers
- Poland’s growing labor shortage is hurting its economy
- Poland and the Philippines share many cultural values being both Roman Catholic nations
A growing labor shortage that is hurting its economy has prompted Poland, whose right-wing government is against taking in migrants, to consider hiring workers from other countries outside of the European Union.
As per an ABS-CBN story, a senior official of Poland said they are signing a labor agreement with Philippine authorities by September at the earliest.
Stanislaw Szwed, Poland’s Secretary of State in the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social policy, said his country is on course to signing an accord with the Philippines.
“We are on course to conclude an agreement. I hope that in the autumn (September to November) we will be able to at least sign a preliminary accord with the Philippine authorities,” Szwed said.
Szwed noted that the Philippines and Poland, being both Catholic nations, share many cultural values.
Meanwhile, Elsa U. Villa, president of the Philippine Association of Service Exporters, Inc., said that based on their meetings with Polish employers, Poland will be needing thousands of workers in the manufacturing and agricultural sectors.
Villa said the number of needed migrant workers for the aforementioned sectors could reach at least 100,000. She added that Poland is currently experiencing a labor shortage because of its aging population due to low birth rate and the emigration of its own Polish workforce to more affluent European Union countries.
Poland has been relying with the neighboring Ukraine for its workforce. At least a million of Ukrainians are already working in the country and 300,000 more are expected in the next few years.
- PRRD says the country needs more citizens like Ninoy Aquino - August 20, 2018
- Speaker Gloria Arroyo says she has no plans to run as Prime Minister - August 20, 2018
- 52-year-old OFW found lifeless in a hotel room in Saudi Arabia - August 20, 2018
- Bais City constructs lighthouse for Golden Charter Anniversary - August 20, 2018
- Frightened passengers take video of an alleged white lady along Old Zigzag road - August 20, 2018
- PGH PA condemns Ramon Tulfo ‘cyberbullying, shaming’ a medical staff - August 20, 2018
- Super Tekla reveals facing doubts regarding his sexuality before confirming he’s 100% guy - August 20, 2018
- Filipino math wizards win 24 medals in an international competition held in China - August 20, 2018
- Joma Sison claims PRRD in coma - August 20, 2018
- ‘Inday Will Always Love You’ gets season 2 due to success in ratings, social media - August 18, 2018