- Poland is considering to hire Filipino workers
- Poland’s growing labor shortage is hurting its economy
- Poland and the Philippines share many cultural values being both Roman Catholic nations
A growing labor shortage that is hurting its economy has prompted Poland, whose right-wing government is against taking in migrants, to consider hiring workers from other countries outside of the European Union.
As per an ABS-CBN story, a senior official of Poland said they are signing a labor agreement with Philippine authorities by September at the earliest.
Stanislaw Szwed, Poland’s Secretary of State in the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social policy, said his country is on course to signing an accord with the Philippines.
“We are on course to conclude an agreement. I hope that in the autumn (September to November) we will be able to at least sign a preliminary accord with the Philippine authorities,” Szwed said.
Szwed noted that the Philippines and Poland, being both Catholic nations, share many cultural values.
Meanwhile, Elsa U. Villa, president of the Philippine Association of Service Exporters, Inc., said that based on their meetings with Polish employers, Poland will be needing thousands of workers in the manufacturing and agricultural sectors.
Villa said the number of needed migrant workers for the aforementioned sectors could reach at least 100,000. She added that Poland is currently experiencing a labor shortage because of its aging population due to low birth rate and the emigration of its own Polish workforce to more affluent European Union countries.
Poland has been relying with the neighboring Ukraine for its workforce. At least a million of Ukrainians are already working in the country and 300,000 more are expected in the next few years.
- Payo ni Dok sa mga taong hirap sa paghinga, agad magpa-check up - March 13, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019
- Tatlo pang pinaghihinalaang nangunguha ng mga bata, iniimbestigahan - March 5, 2019
- Arestadong kidnapping suspect umaming mahigit 20 bata ang nadukot nila simula Oktubre 2018 - February 25, 2019
- Buong pamilyang Pinoy nasawi sa malagim na car accident sa California - February 25, 2019
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019