- Senator Grace Poe said she’s still unsure of her future political plans
- Poe said she needs to consult with her husband who was left traumatized by what happened in 2016
- Nevertheless, the lawmaker assured she will remain an independent candidate in the event she decides to seek reelection
MANILA, Philippines – Senator Grace Poe admitted she is still undecided whether to seek reelection in 2019 despite topping the recent Pulse Asia survey.
In an interview over ANC’s Headstart, Poe said she needs to consult her husband Neil Llamanzares about the matter.
“I’m running in 2019—if I run in 2019. I’m not even sure at this point. It’s a personal reason for me, I have to talk to my husband about this,” said Poe.
Poe emerged as the number one choice in the pre-election survey conducted by Pulse Asia last month among a poll of potential senatorial candidates.
She was also the topnotcher in the 2013 senatorial election but lost to Rodrigo Duterte in the 2016 presidential election where she placed only third behind the incumbents president and Liberal Party’s Mar Roxas.
Poe said her husband was left ‘traumatized’ by the result of the 2016 election.
She also believes the opinion polls should not be the sole basis for anyone to ensure a victory in any election.
“It’s not really indicative of your placement in the actual time of election, so that can’t just be the sole basis. It just takes one particular issue to change all that,” the senator explained.
The lady lawmaker said what’s more gratifying for her are the approval ratings and the trust ratings that are not available to the public.
“But when I see it, that’s the one that is most heart-warming, how much I’m trusted and that’s what I want to keep,” Poe said; adding that she would remain an independent candidates should she decide to run again in the next election.
- Payo ni Dok sa mga taong hirap sa paghinga, agad magpa-check up - March 13, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019
- Tatlo pang pinaghihinalaang nangunguha ng mga bata, iniimbestigahan - March 5, 2019
- Arestadong kidnapping suspect umaming mahigit 20 bata ang nadukot nila simula Oktubre 2018 - February 25, 2019
- Buong pamilyang Pinoy nasawi sa malagim na car accident sa California - February 25, 2019
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019