- Senator Grace Poe said she’s still unsure of her future political plans
- Poe said she needs to consult with her husband who was left traumatized by what happened in 2016
- Nevertheless, the lawmaker assured she will remain an independent candidate in the event she decides to seek reelection
MANILA, Philippines – Senator Grace Poe admitted she is still undecided whether to seek reelection in 2019 despite topping the recent Pulse Asia survey.
In an interview over ANC’s Headstart, Poe said she needs to consult her husband Neil Llamanzares about the matter.
“I’m running in 2019—if I run in 2019. I’m not even sure at this point. It’s a personal reason for me, I have to talk to my husband about this,” said Poe.
Poe emerged as the number one choice in the pre-election survey conducted by Pulse Asia last month among a poll of potential senatorial candidates.
She was also the topnotcher in the 2013 senatorial election but lost to Rodrigo Duterte in the 2016 presidential election where she placed only third behind the incumbents president and Liberal Party’s Mar Roxas.
Poe said her husband was left ‘traumatized’ by the result of the 2016 election.
She also believes the opinion polls should not be the sole basis for anyone to ensure a victory in any election.
“It’s not really indicative of your placement in the actual time of election, so that can’t just be the sole basis. It just takes one particular issue to change all that,” the senator explained.
The lady lawmaker said what’s more gratifying for her are the approval ratings and the trust ratings that are not available to the public.
“But when I see it, that’s the one that is most heart-warming, how much I’m trusted and that’s what I want to keep,” Poe said; adding that she would remain an independent candidates should she decide to run again in the next election.
- Supercouple ‘AlDub’ rakes 2 million tweets on 3rd anniversary - July 19, 2018
- Cebu-based guitar duo brings home gold medal in a world championship competition - July 18, 2018
- [Video] If they’re ready, Joshua will marry Julia 8 to 10 years from now - July 18, 2018
- Special Asssitant to the President Bong Go’s billboard on NLEX taken down - July 18, 2018
- Dedicated employee walks 20 miles to his first day in job; boss gives him a car as gift - July 18, 2018
- ‘I Love You, Hater’ star Julia Barretto: I want to be more than my last name - July 17, 2018
- Wear Your Pinoy Pride: Robin Padilla Kickstarts Brand Pilipinas 2018 - July 17, 2018
- Dumaguete dance troupe wins first place in Korea tilt - July 17, 2018
- Kara expresses gratitude to the journalist behind her ‘1st big break’ - July 17, 2018
- Pacquiao ‘thinking to get back’ Freddie Roach - July 17, 2018