- The Philippine Arena was chosen to host the opening ceremony of the 2019 SEA Games
- The opening ceremony might be “going in the level of digital” according to some officials
- The local organizing committee is going all out in its hosting
The Philippines has tapped the 55,000-capacity Philippine Arena to host the grand opening ceremony of the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in November 2019.
Ricky Vargas, President of the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) on Thursday announced that the Philippine Arena is the first option to host the opening ceremonies as the country promises to put on a grand show.
“Of course, the goal is to show our best foot forward… tayo pa? Lahat ng tao dito sa Pilipinas, sumasayaw or kumakanta. [all Filipinos sing and dance] We’re good in the arts,” said Vargas.
“We will show them what the Filipino talent is all about,” he added.
Meanwhile, Ramon “Tats” Suzara, executive director of the Philippine SEA Games Organizing Committee said that the opening ceremony will be “going in the level of digital.”
“We’re going digital, but of course, we have a back-up of the normal, traditional opening ceremony that we got the national athletic stadium and light the flame there,” Suzara said.
Although the officials are still discussing about the ‘going digital’ aspect, they said its is certain that the local organizing committee is going all out on its hosting.
“The preparation we are doing, we are in the Asian Games level…we are not doing a SEA Games level of organizing the events – we are doing it in the Asian Games level,” Suzara said.
Vargas added that they are seeking support from the private sector regarding the funding.
The SEA Games is a biennial sports event. The last two were in Singapore (2015) and Malaysia (2017.)
- 52-year-old OFW found lifeless in a hotel room in Saudi Arabia - August 20, 2018
- Bais City constructs lighthouse for Golden Charter Anniversary - August 20, 2018
- Frightened passengers take video of an alleged white lady along Old Zigzag road - August 20, 2018
- PGH PA condemns Ramon Tulfo ‘cyberbullying, shaming’ a medical staff - August 20, 2018
- Super Tekla reveals facing doubts regarding his sexuality before confirming he’s 100% guy - August 20, 2018
- Filipino math wizards win 24 medals in an international competition held in China - August 20, 2018
- Joma Sison claims PRRD in coma - August 20, 2018
- ‘Inday Will Always Love You’ gets season 2 due to success in ratings, social media - August 18, 2018
- National ID system law to take effect on Saturday, gets P2-B initial funding - August 18, 2018
- Owner, admin of private school in CamSur in hot water over burning of students’ bags out of anger - August 18, 2018