- The Philippine Arena was chosen to host the opening ceremony of the 2019 SEA Games
- The opening ceremony might be “going in the level of digital” according to some officials
- The local organizing committee is going all out in its hosting
The Philippines has tapped the 55,000-capacity Philippine Arena to host the grand opening ceremony of the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in November 2019.
Ricky Vargas, President of the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) on Thursday announced that the Philippine Arena is the first option to host the opening ceremonies as the country promises to put on a grand show.
“Of course, the goal is to show our best foot forward… tayo pa? Lahat ng tao dito sa Pilipinas, sumasayaw or kumakanta. [all Filipinos sing and dance] We’re good in the arts,” said Vargas.
“We will show them what the Filipino talent is all about,” he added.
Meanwhile, Ramon “Tats” Suzara, executive director of the Philippine SEA Games Organizing Committee said that the opening ceremony will be “going in the level of digital.”
“We’re going digital, but of course, we have a back-up of the normal, traditional opening ceremony that we got the national athletic stadium and light the flame there,” Suzara said.
Although the officials are still discussing about the ‘going digital’ aspect, they said its is certain that the local organizing committee is going all out on its hosting.
“The preparation we are doing, we are in the Asian Games level…we are not doing a SEA Games level of organizing the events – we are doing it in the Asian Games level,” Suzara said.
Vargas added that they are seeking support from the private sector regarding the funding.
The SEA Games is a biennial sports event. The last two were in Singapore (2015) and Malaysia (2017.)
- Duterte ‘weeps’ during valve opening of oil and gas production in Cebu - May 26, 2018
- Filipino contestant and partner win grand prize in Belgium’s Got Talent - May 26, 2018
- Internet star Jelai Andres gets big surprise from future mom-in-law - May 25, 2018
- Pinoy photographer Rommel Lugada wins bronze in Moscow Int’l Foto Awards - May 25, 2018
- BOC seizes cigarettes, other misdeclared goods worth P36.5M at MICP, Tondo - May 25, 2018
- “More than slimming down”, Bea shares her ‘moral reasons’ for being Pescatarian - May 25, 2018
- Jet Li speaks up after viral photo sparked rumors on his poor health - May 25, 2018
- Groom divorces bride within 15 minutes into marrying her - May 25, 2018
- Apple’s WWDC is set and the invites are out - May 25, 2018
- Anne visits memory lane as she talked about her fave childhood food - May 25, 2018