- The Philippine Arena was chosen to host the opening ceremony of the 2019 SEA Games
- The opening ceremony might be “going in the level of digital” according to some officials
- The local organizing committee is going all out in its hosting
The Philippines has tapped the 55,000-capacity Philippine Arena to host the grand opening ceremony of the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in November 2019.
Ricky Vargas, President of the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) on Thursday announced that the Philippine Arena is the first option to host the opening ceremonies as the country promises to put on a grand show.
“Of course, the goal is to show our best foot forward… tayo pa? Lahat ng tao dito sa Pilipinas, sumasayaw or kumakanta. [all Filipinos sing and dance] We’re good in the arts,” said Vargas.
“We will show them what the Filipino talent is all about,” he added.
Meanwhile, Ramon “Tats” Suzara, executive director of the Philippine SEA Games Organizing Committee said that the opening ceremony will be “going in the level of digital.”
“We’re going digital, but of course, we have a back-up of the normal, traditional opening ceremony that we got the national athletic stadium and light the flame there,” Suzara said.
Although the officials are still discussing about the ‘going digital’ aspect, they said its is certain that the local organizing committee is going all out on its hosting.
“The preparation we are doing, we are in the Asian Games level…we are not doing a SEA Games level of organizing the events – we are doing it in the Asian Games level,” Suzara said.
Vargas added that they are seeking support from the private sector regarding the funding.
The SEA Games is a biennial sports event. The last two were in Singapore (2015) and Malaysia (2017.)
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018