- The Philippine Arena was chosen to host the opening ceremony of the 2019 SEA Games
- The opening ceremony might be “going in the level of digital” according to some officials
- The local organizing committee is going all out in its hosting
The Philippines has tapped the 55,000-capacity Philippine Arena to host the grand opening ceremony of the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in November 2019.
Ricky Vargas, President of the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) on Thursday announced that the Philippine Arena is the first option to host the opening ceremonies as the country promises to put on a grand show.
“Of course, the goal is to show our best foot forward… tayo pa? Lahat ng tao dito sa Pilipinas, sumasayaw or kumakanta. [all Filipinos sing and dance] We’re good in the arts,” said Vargas.
“We will show them what the Filipino talent is all about,” he added.
Meanwhile, Ramon “Tats” Suzara, executive director of the Philippine SEA Games Organizing Committee said that the opening ceremony will be “going in the level of digital.”
“We’re going digital, but of course, we have a back-up of the normal, traditional opening ceremony that we got the national athletic stadium and light the flame there,” Suzara said.
Although the officials are still discussing about the ‘going digital’ aspect, they said its is certain that the local organizing committee is going all out on its hosting.
“The preparation we are doing, we are in the Asian Games level…we are not doing a SEA Games level of organizing the events – we are doing it in the Asian Games level,” Suzara said.
Vargas added that they are seeking support from the private sector regarding the funding.
The SEA Games is a biennial sports event. The last two were in Singapore (2015) and Malaysia (2017.)
- Payo ni Dok sa mga taong hirap sa paghinga, agad magpa-check up - March 13, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019
- Tatlo pang pinaghihinalaang nangunguha ng mga bata, iniimbestigahan - March 5, 2019
- Arestadong kidnapping suspect umaming mahigit 20 bata ang nadukot nila simula Oktubre 2018 - February 25, 2019
- Buong pamilyang Pinoy nasawi sa malagim na car accident sa California - February 25, 2019
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019