- PCOO has reprimanded Uson by issuing her a memo
- The memorandum is related to the controversial ‘pederalismo’ video
- PCOO will also be launching a gender equality guidebook for its personnel
MANILA, Philippines – The Presidential Communications Operation Office (PCOO) has reprimanded its own Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson by issuing her a memorandum over the controversial ‘pederalismo’ video with vlogger Drew Olivar.
At the Budget hearing by the House committee on appropriations on Thursday, Assistant Secretary Marie Banaag said Uson got a memorandum reminding her of Republic Act 6713, or the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials.
“Nag-issue ng memorandum kay Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson to remind her doon sa lahat ng pino-post niya and to remind her po sa provision ng RA 6713 on the conduct of public officials and employees especially on professionalism,” Banaag told the lawmakers.
[A memorandum had been issued to Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson to remind her about her posts and to remind her of the provision in RA 6713 on the conduct of public officials and employees especially on professionalism.]
Uson and Olivar came under fire for posting a video on explaining federalism but with rather controversial gestures which irate netizens and public officials alike.
Both, however, maintained it was just for fun and the netizens themselves were actually the one putting malice into it.
Banaag, however, acknowledged that Uson stirred controversies on other issues other than the federalism video.
This is the reason why, Banaag added, the PCOO will be launching a gender equality guidebook for its personnel this coming September 11.
“It is an awareness campaign on how to project equality for men and women and these are things we will be doing for next year in our gender and equality programs,” the PCOO official explained.
“Very crucial issue is portrayal of women since our mandate is to create awareness on how to better portray women,” Banaag added.
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018