- PCOO has reprimanded Uson by issuing her a memo
- The memorandum is related to the controversial ‘pederalismo’ video
- PCOO will also be launching a gender equality guidebook for its personnel
MANILA, Philippines – The Presidential Communications Operation Office (PCOO) has reprimanded its own Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson by issuing her a memorandum over the controversial ‘pederalismo’ video with vlogger Drew Olivar.
At the Budget hearing by the House committee on appropriations on Thursday, Assistant Secretary Marie Banaag said Uson got a memorandum reminding her of Republic Act 6713, or the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials.
“Nag-issue ng memorandum kay Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson to remind her doon sa lahat ng pino-post niya and to remind her po sa provision ng RA 6713 on the conduct of public officials and employees especially on professionalism,” Banaag told the lawmakers.
[A memorandum had been issued to Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson to remind her about her posts and to remind her of the provision in RA 6713 on the conduct of public officials and employees especially on professionalism.]
Uson and Olivar came under fire for posting a video on explaining federalism but with rather controversial gestures which irate netizens and public officials alike.
Both, however, maintained it was just for fun and the netizens themselves were actually the one putting malice into it.
Banaag, however, acknowledged that Uson stirred controversies on other issues other than the federalism video.
This is the reason why, Banaag added, the PCOO will be launching a gender equality guidebook for its personnel this coming September 11.
“It is an awareness campaign on how to project equality for men and women and these are things we will be doing for next year in our gender and equality programs,” the PCOO official explained.
“Very crucial issue is portrayal of women since our mandate is to create awareness on how to better portray women,” Banaag added.
- Malinis at maluwag na Divisoria, posible pa ba? - June 22, 2019
- Angelica Panganiban, idinaan na sa socmed ang reklamo sa telco dahil sa palpak na serbisyo - June 21, 2019
- PH Army to train with Israeli forces - June 21, 2019
- DFA chief says ‘NO’ to Recto Bank joint probe with China - June 21, 2019
- PAL voted as 2019’s Most Improved Airline by Skytrax - June 19, 2019
- Facebook launches own cryptocurrency “Libra” - June 19, 2019
- Duterte downplays Recto Bank incident: A “little maritime accident” - June 18, 2019
- Throwback: A 1904 photo of flood outside Manila City Hall - June 17, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019