- According to DFA, the number of Filipinos abroad who will be voting overseas for the 2019 national elections has already reached 1,600,746
- The number is also expected to increase and even reach 1.9 million, because of the present rate of overseas voters’ registration
The number of Filipinos abroad who will be voting overseas for the 2019 national elections has already reached 1,600,746, according to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
The DFA-Overseas Voting Secretariat announced on Tuesday that the number has surpassed the previous record of 1,376,067 in 2016 national elections when President Rodrigo Duterte won.
Watch this video shared by Panahon TV via YouTube:
“Sa mga kababayan natin abroad, huwag niyo pong kalimutang magparehistro para sa overseas voting. Pantay-pantay ang karapatan natin: lahat tayo ay may isang boto at tayo ang pumipili ng mga namumuno,” said Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano.
The number is also expected to increase and even reach 1.9 million, because of the present rate of overseas voters’ registration.
The following are the basic qualification for overseas voting:
- At least 18 years old on May 13, 2019
- Expected to be abroad from April 13 to May 13, 2019
- Not disqualified according to the law
Filipinos abroad may register as an overseas voter at any Philippine embassy or foreign service post.
- 52-year-old OFW found lifeless in a hotel room in Saudi Arabia - August 20, 2018
- Bais City constructs lighthouse for Golden Charter Anniversary - August 20, 2018
- Frightened passengers take video of an alleged white lady along Old Zigzag road - August 20, 2018
- PGH PA condemns Ramon Tulfo ‘cyberbullying, shaming’ a medical staff - August 20, 2018
- Super Tekla reveals facing doubts regarding his sexuality before confirming he’s 100% guy - August 20, 2018
- Filipino math wizards win 24 medals in an international competition held in China - August 20, 2018
- Joma Sison claims PRRD in coma - August 20, 2018
- ‘Inday Will Always Love You’ gets season 2 due to success in ratings, social media - August 18, 2018
- National ID system law to take effect on Saturday, gets P2-B initial funding - August 18, 2018
- Owner, admin of private school in CamSur in hot water over burning of students’ bags out of anger - August 18, 2018