- According to DFA, the number of Filipinos abroad who will be voting overseas for the 2019 national elections has already reached 1,600,746
- The number is also expected to increase and even reach 1.9 million, because of the present rate of overseas voters’ registration
The number of Filipinos abroad who will be voting overseas for the 2019 national elections has already reached 1,600,746, according to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
The DFA-Overseas Voting Secretariat announced on Tuesday that the number has surpassed the previous record of 1,376,067 in 2016 national elections when President Rodrigo Duterte won.
Watch this video shared by Panahon TV via YouTube:
“Sa mga kababayan natin abroad, huwag niyo pong kalimutang magparehistro para sa overseas voting. Pantay-pantay ang karapatan natin: lahat tayo ay may isang boto at tayo ang pumipili ng mga namumuno,” said Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano.
The number is also expected to increase and even reach 1.9 million, because of the present rate of overseas voters’ registration.
The following are the basic qualification for overseas voting:
- At least 18 years old on May 13, 2019
- Expected to be abroad from April 13 to May 13, 2019
- Not disqualified according to the law
Filipinos abroad may register as an overseas voter at any Philippine embassy or foreign service post.
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018