- According to DFA, the number of Filipinos abroad who will be voting overseas for the 2019 national elections has already reached 1,600,746
- The number is also expected to increase and even reach 1.9 million, because of the present rate of overseas voters’ registration
The number of Filipinos abroad who will be voting overseas for the 2019 national elections has already reached 1,600,746, according to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
The DFA-Overseas Voting Secretariat announced on Tuesday that the number has surpassed the previous record of 1,376,067 in 2016 national elections when President Rodrigo Duterte won.
Watch this video shared by Panahon TV via YouTube:
“Sa mga kababayan natin abroad, huwag niyo pong kalimutang magparehistro para sa overseas voting. Pantay-pantay ang karapatan natin: lahat tayo ay may isang boto at tayo ang pumipili ng mga namumuno,” said Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano.
The number is also expected to increase and even reach 1.9 million, because of the present rate of overseas voters’ registration.
The following are the basic qualification for overseas voting:
- At least 18 years old on May 13, 2019
- Expected to be abroad from April 13 to May 13, 2019
- Not disqualified according to the law
Filipinos abroad may register as an overseas voter at any Philippine embassy or foreign service post.
- NGCP honors MAGELCO for best practices - October 15, 2018
- Top Electrical Safety Tips for The Whole Family - October 15, 2018
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - October 8, 2018
- RAWR Awards will be happening again in November - September 19, 2018
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018