- PAO chief Persida Acosta denied senatorial ambition
- This after a new political group considered her to be one of their potential candidates
- Acosta said she’s happy with serving the public as PAO chief
MANILA, Philippines – Public Attorney’s Office (PAO) chief Persida Rueda-Acosta denied eyeing to run for senator in the upcoming 2019 election.
Acosta, who has been hogging the headlines due to her office defending the alleged victims of Dengvaxia vaccine, said she has no intention to leave PAO at the moment since she is happy with what she’s been doing for the public.
ABS-CBN News reported earlier a new political party, the Katipunan ng Demokratikong Pilipino (KDP), is considering Acosta to be one of their senatorial candidates in next year’s poll.
“Napanood ko nga lang kahapon iyan sa mga istasyon ng telebisyon, hindi ko nga alam iyan e. Wala naman akong deklarasyon na ako’y tatakbo sa 2019 at wala naman akong plano,” Acosta told DZMM in an interview.
[I saw it on television yesterday, but I have no idea about it. I have not made any declaration that I will run in 2019 and I have no plan.]
Acosta added she doesn’t have to go into politics just to be able to serve the public since she’s contented with her job at PAO.
“Hindi ko na kailangang tumakbo. Nakakapaglingkod na sa publiko. Nakakapagsagip ng mga dapat sagipin,” she said
[I don’t need to run in the election. I already able to serve the public now. I amable to save those who need to be saved.]
The PAO chief also chided her critics who accused her of using the Dengvaxia controversy for her political ambition.
“Wala talaga akong plano kaya ‘yung mga nagtotroll sa akin kasi kaya daw ako tumutulong kasi tatakbo, mahiya naman sila. Kaya ka lang ba tututong para manalo sa politika? Hindi ganon,” Acosta added.
[I don’t have any plan so those who are trolling me, accusing me that I’m only helping people because I will run, they should be ashamed of themselves. Should one only help to win in politics?]
- Malinis at maluwag na Divisoria, posible pa ba? - June 22, 2019
- Angelica Panganiban, idinaan na sa socmed ang reklamo sa telco dahil sa palpak na serbisyo - June 21, 2019
- PH Army to train with Israeli forces - June 21, 2019
- DFA chief says ‘NO’ to Recto Bank joint probe with China - June 21, 2019
- PAL voted as 2019’s Most Improved Airline by Skytrax - June 19, 2019
- Facebook launches own cryptocurrency “Libra” - June 19, 2019
- Duterte downplays Recto Bank incident: A “little maritime accident” - June 18, 2019
- Throwback: A 1904 photo of flood outside Manila City Hall - June 17, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019