- PAO chief Persida Acosta denied senatorial ambition
- This after a new political group considered her to be one of their potential candidates
- Acosta said she’s happy with serving the public as PAO chief
MANILA, Philippines – Public Attorney’s Office (PAO) chief Persida Rueda-Acosta denied eyeing to run for senator in the upcoming 2019 election.
Acosta, who has been hogging the headlines due to her office defending the alleged victims of Dengvaxia vaccine, said she has no intention to leave PAO at the moment since she is happy with what she’s been doing for the public.
ABS-CBN News reported earlier a new political party, the Katipunan ng Demokratikong Pilipino (KDP), is considering Acosta to be one of their senatorial candidates in next year’s poll.
“Napanood ko nga lang kahapon iyan sa mga istasyon ng telebisyon, hindi ko nga alam iyan e. Wala naman akong deklarasyon na ako’y tatakbo sa 2019 at wala naman akong plano,” Acosta told DZMM in an interview.
[I saw it on television yesterday, but I have no idea about it. I have not made any declaration that I will run in 2019 and I have no plan.]
Acosta added she doesn’t have to go into politics just to be able to serve the public since she’s contented with her job at PAO.
“Hindi ko na kailangang tumakbo. Nakakapaglingkod na sa publiko. Nakakapagsagip ng mga dapat sagipin,” she said
[I don’t need to run in the election. I already able to serve the public now. I amable to save those who need to be saved.]
The PAO chief also chided her critics who accused her of using the Dengvaxia controversy for her political ambition.
“Wala talaga akong plano kaya ‘yung mga nagtotroll sa akin kasi kaya daw ako tumutulong kasi tatakbo, mahiya naman sila. Kaya ka lang ba tututong para manalo sa politika? Hindi ganon,” Acosta added.
[I don’t have any plan so those who are trolling me, accusing me that I’m only helping people because I will run, they should be ashamed of themselves. Should one only help to win in politics?]
- Payo ni Dok sa mga taong hirap sa paghinga, agad magpa-check up - March 13, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019
- Tatlo pang pinaghihinalaang nangunguha ng mga bata, iniimbestigahan - March 5, 2019
- Arestadong kidnapping suspect umaming mahigit 20 bata ang nadukot nila simula Oktubre 2018 - February 25, 2019
- Buong pamilyang Pinoy nasawi sa malagim na car accident sa California - February 25, 2019
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019