- PAO chief Persida Acosta denied senatorial ambition
- This after a new political group considered her to be one of their potential candidates
- Acosta said she’s happy with serving the public as PAO chief
MANILA, Philippines – Public Attorney’s Office (PAO) chief Persida Rueda-Acosta denied eyeing to run for senator in the upcoming 2019 election.
Acosta, who has been hogging the headlines due to her office defending the alleged victims of Dengvaxia vaccine, said she has no intention to leave PAO at the moment since she is happy with what she’s been doing for the public.
ABS-CBN News reported earlier a new political party, the Katipunan ng Demokratikong Pilipino (KDP), is considering Acosta to be one of their senatorial candidates in next year’s poll.
“Napanood ko nga lang kahapon iyan sa mga istasyon ng telebisyon, hindi ko nga alam iyan e. Wala naman akong deklarasyon na ako’y tatakbo sa 2019 at wala naman akong plano,” Acosta told DZMM in an interview.
[I saw it on television yesterday, but I have no idea about it. I have not made any declaration that I will run in 2019 and I have no plan.]
Acosta added she doesn’t have to go into politics just to be able to serve the public since she’s contented with her job at PAO.
“Hindi ko na kailangang tumakbo. Nakakapaglingkod na sa publiko. Nakakapagsagip ng mga dapat sagipin,” she said
[I don’t need to run in the election. I already able to serve the public now. I amable to save those who need to be saved.]
The PAO chief also chided her critics who accused her of using the Dengvaxia controversy for her political ambition.
“Wala talaga akong plano kaya ‘yung mga nagtotroll sa akin kasi kaya daw ako tumutulong kasi tatakbo, mahiya naman sila. Kaya ka lang ba tututong para manalo sa politika? Hindi ganon,” Acosta added.
[I don’t have any plan so those who are trolling me, accusing me that I’m only helping people because I will run, they should be ashamed of themselves. Should one only help to win in politics?]
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018