- Celia McCorquodale, the niece of Princess Diana, got married on June 16, 2018
- Celia got married wearing the tiara that Diana wore when she married Prince Charles in 1981
- The iconic tiara is called the ‘Spencer Tiara’, which has been in the Spencer Family for nearly a century
Did you know that the diamond headpiece worn by Celia McCorquodale on her wedding recently was actually the iconic tiara that completed her aunt Princess Diana’s (Diana Frances Spencer) iconic wedding look in 1981?
On Facebook, the page Diana, Princess of Wales 1961-1997 posted a photo of Celia and her husband George Woodhouse during their marriage ceremony last June 16, 2018. Celia is the daughter of Diana’s older sister, Lady Sarah McCorquodale.
“Celia McCorquodale (Princess Diana’s niece) wore Spencer Tiara at her wedding at St. Andrew and St. Mary’s Church in Stoke Rochford, Lincolnshire – June 16, 2018,” read the caption of the picture.
The iconic “Spencer Tiara, which has been in the Spencer Family for nearly a century, was one of Diana’s favorites. To note, she chose to wear it on her wedding day instead of the “Cambridge Lover’s Knot” tiara, which was lent to her by the queen.
Aside from the two, there were other members of the family who wore the same tiara on their special day.
- Supercouple ‘AlDub’ rakes 2 million tweets on 3rd anniversary - July 19, 2018
- Cebu-based guitar duo brings home gold medal in a world championship competition - July 18, 2018
- [Video] If they’re ready, Joshua will marry Julia 8 to 10 years from now - July 18, 2018
- Special Asssitant to the President Bong Go’s billboard on NLEX taken down - July 18, 2018
- Dedicated employee walks 20 miles to his first day in job; boss gives him a car as gift - July 18, 2018
- ‘I Love You, Hater’ star Julia Barretto: I want to be more than my last name - July 17, 2018
- Wear Your Pinoy Pride: Robin Padilla Kickstarts Brand Pilipinas 2018 - July 17, 2018
- Dumaguete dance troupe wins first place in Korea tilt - July 17, 2018
- Kara expresses gratitude to the journalist behind her ‘1st big break’ - July 17, 2018
- Pacquiao ‘thinking to get back’ Freddie Roach - July 17, 2018