- Celia McCorquodale, the niece of Princess Diana, got married on June 16, 2018
- Celia got married wearing the tiara that Diana wore when she married Prince Charles in 1981
- The iconic tiara is called the ‘Spencer Tiara’, which has been in the Spencer Family for nearly a century
Did you know that the diamond headpiece worn by Celia McCorquodale on her wedding recently was actually the iconic tiara that completed her aunt Princess Diana’s (Diana Frances Spencer) iconic wedding look in 1981?
On Facebook, the page Diana, Princess of Wales 1961-1997 posted a photo of Celia and her husband George Woodhouse during their marriage ceremony last June 16, 2018. Celia is the daughter of Diana’s older sister, Lady Sarah McCorquodale.
“Celia McCorquodale (Princess Diana’s niece) wore Spencer Tiara at her wedding at St. Andrew and St. Mary’s Church in Stoke Rochford, Lincolnshire – June 16, 2018,” read the caption of the picture.
The iconic “Spencer Tiara, which has been in the Spencer Family for nearly a century, was one of Diana’s favorites. To note, she chose to wear it on her wedding day instead of the “Cambridge Lover’s Knot” tiara, which was lent to her by the queen.
Aside from the two, there were other members of the family who wore the same tiara on their special day.
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018