- Popular singer Moira Dela Torre responded to a social media user who told her that many singers are far better than her
- Dela Torre said she knows ‘very well’ that there are many singers who are ‘immensely’ more talented than her
- Such fact, on the other hand, makes her even more grateful for being given what she has at present
Popular singer Moira Dela Torre responded to a social media user who told her that many singers are far better than her.
On Facebook, Dela Torre shared the message she has received and said she knows “very well” that there are many singers who are “immensely” more talented than her.
“I wasn’t ready for it and almost cried until I realized… comparison, hate, bashers only have power when I give them power,” she wrote.
“I know very well that there are so many other people who are immensely more talented and more deserving than I am, but that only makes me even more grateful to be given what I have now,” she added.
The singer said she created such post because she wants to be someone who lift others up.
“Posting this because I know that in my time on this platform, I want to be someone who lifts others up, who can show people that we can shine without pulling others down; and that we could all do our part in celebrating others, knowing that God has wonderful plans for each one and that He created a world big enough for all of us,” she expressed.
As of posting, Dela Torre’s inspiring message has gained over 5,000 shares and more than 50,000 reactions.
- SC junks PCGG’s P51-B claims vs. Marcos, cronies’ ill-gotten wealth - June 19, 2018
- Niece wears Princess Diana’s iconic wedding tiara - June 19, 2018
- DOJ reinstates Fox’s missionary visa; Palace says she’s not yet off the hook - June 19, 2018
- Australian artist creates beautiful paintings by using her body as the canvas - June 19, 2018
- Pinoy seaman falls off ship, miraculously survived 4 hours at sea while shark circled him - June 19, 2018
- Big boulder almost flattened SUV in Kennon Road, passengers survive - June 18, 2018
- Irregularities in DOH project worth P8.1 billion uncovered - June 18, 2018
- Doctor daughter of EB’s Jose Manalo shares the cool and loving nature of her father - June 18, 2018
- Watch: Student with autism delivers inspirational graduation speech in viral video - June 18, 2018
- Kapuso star Janine’s rumored BF Rayver leaves Star Magic after over a decade - June 17, 2018