- MMDA ordered the closure of 6 bus terminals along Edsa in Quezon City for violating the “nose-in, nose-out policy”
- The 6 terminals are those used by: DLTB Company, Alps, Lucena Lines, two terminals of Raymond Transportation and Superlines
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) closed six bus terminals along EDSA in Quezon City on Tuesday for failing to comply with the “nose-in, nose-out policy.”
According to a video shared by GMA News’ State of the Nation, the bus terminals ordered close include the following:
- DLTB Company
- Lucena Lines
- two (2) terminals of Raymond Transportation
The MMDA officials reportedly lost their patience because the violating bus companies already had almost a year to comply with the rules, but failed to do so.
“One year, almost one year po ang binigay namin sa kanila apparently po wala tayong nakikitang pagsasaayos nitong mga terminal na ‘to,” said Bong Nebrija of the MMDA Special Operations Group.
[We gave them almost one year to comply, apparently, we didn’t see any improvement from these terminals.]
Some bus company operators tried to plead with MMDA officers.
Some passengers also expressed their dismay on the closure order.
“We just got a ticket,” one passenger said, “Bad trip, hassle po,” another one said.
The closure would remain until the aforementioned bus terminals have complied with the nose-in, nose-out policy, according to MMDA Chairman Danilo Lim.
The “nose-in, nose-out” requires buses to enter terminals front first, and leave the terminal front first. Buses are prohibited from using EDSA to maneuver their way in and out of terminals which is causes traffic along the metro’s main road.
Watch this replay of GMA’s Saksi via YouTube:
- Duterte ‘weeps’ during valve opening of oil and gas production in Cebu - May 26, 2018
- Filipino contestant and partner win grand prize in Belgium’s Got Talent - May 26, 2018
- Internet star Jelai Andres gets big surprise from future mom-in-law - May 25, 2018
- Pinoy photographer Rommel Lugada wins bronze in Moscow Int’l Foto Awards - May 25, 2018
- BOC seizes cigarettes, other misdeclared goods worth P36.5M at MICP, Tondo - May 25, 2018
- “More than slimming down”, Bea shares her ‘moral reasons’ for being Pescatarian - May 25, 2018
- Jet Li speaks up after viral photo sparked rumors on his poor health - May 25, 2018
- Groom divorces bride within 15 minutes into marrying her - May 25, 2018
- Apple’s WWDC is set and the invites are out - May 25, 2018
- Anne visits memory lane as she talked about her fave childhood food - May 25, 2018