This morning, on my way to work, I had this feeling inside which was hard to explain. A feeling of longing, wishing and hoping to visit my Philippines again. Last time I went back home was in April. However, that visit was really quick, busy and somewhat emotional.
I miss Manila at night, with all its vibrancy, lights, traffic, excitement; its the city that never sleeps. You can always see people working late at night, security, road sweepers, street vendors, people on the streets, helping others, helping cars to park and then there’s people in bars, coffee shops, clubs just having fun.
I miss the barangay life, the Perya, where people from the local village gather together, playing bingo, roulette to win packs of crisps, foods and the occasional few pesos.
Missing my good friends in our Barangay in Pangasinan, always people to chat to, hang out with and share about life. Miss sitting on the bench at the local village school basketball court late at night, under the moon, watching the stars.
Miss hearing the Filipino accent, such lovely pronunciation, like soft, with some American tones, perfectly clear and somehow comforting.
Even now, when I am feeling sad and missing home, missing the people I love and care for so much, as I think of home once again.
Philippines, you and your people are deep within my blood. Philippines, missing you so much. Can’t wait until the day we can see each other once again!
- #WishKoLang: To Meet and Shake Hands with the President of the Philippines - December 5, 2016
- Why am I proudly Pinoy at heart? - June 15, 2016
- What makes Filipino nurses so special and some of the best nurses in the world? - May 20, 2016
- Why I believe Pinoy nurses are among the best in the world - December 20, 2015
- Missing the place I call my second home… - October 17, 2015
- Wow! My very first appearance in an OPM music video, such an honor!!! - October 15, 2015
- Worries over nurses recruitment in the UK unfounded - June 26, 2015
- Hunt for ‘maids’ gets tougher, but why? - April 30, 2015
- The qualities of Filipinos I most admire - April 9, 2015
- Why I have such love, respect and admiration for the Philippines and the Filipino people - April 2, 2015