- A man from North Carolina was shocked after they mistakenly received a check from the Bank of America for more than $1-million
- Eric Gabriel did the right thing and alerted the bank, but he and his family could not believe what they saw
A man from North Carolina received a check from a bank with a wrong amount; a little over a million dollars.
The check was from the Bank of America and issued to Eric Gabriel, who was expecting money from the bank but not that huge amount.
“I could feel my flesh say, ‘I want this,’ but it wasn’t it, it wasn’t mine,” said Gabriel.
Of course, the idea of becoming a millionaire instantly was tempting but Gabriel said he knew he had to do the right thing.
“All these thoughts run through your mind like, ‘Oh I can do this, I might not even have to work,” he said.
Instead of keeping the check, Gabriel ultimately gave the check back.
“We prayed about it and we decided the best thing to do is glorify God with everything we do so we decided to take it back,” said Gabriel.
A spokesperson for the Bank of America confirmed that the incident has been resolved.
“From our perspective, we resolved the issue and we appreciate the customer reaching out and letting us know about it,” said Ferris Morrison; a bank communications executive with global marketing and corporate affairs. “It was a mistake. It was fixed.”
Declining to get into specifics, Charlotte-based Bank of America confirmed to The Charlotte Observer that a mix-up happened in May and admitted it involved a bank customer in North Carolina’s Waxhaw; a town of about 10,000 people.
Even though he isn’t sleeping in a bed of cash, Gabriel is sleeping well at night knowing he did the right thing.
“Christ in me wouldn’t allow me to do the wrong thing,” he said.
- Payo ni Dok sa mga taong hirap sa paghinga, agad magpa-check up - March 13, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019
- Tatlo pang pinaghihinalaang nangunguha ng mga bata, iniimbestigahan - March 5, 2019
- Arestadong kidnapping suspect umaming mahigit 20 bata ang nadukot nila simula Oktubre 2018 - February 25, 2019
- Buong pamilyang Pinoy nasawi sa malagim na car accident sa California - February 25, 2019
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019