- A man from North Carolina was shocked after they mistakenly received a check from the Bank of America for more than $1-million
- Eric Gabriel did the right thing and alerted the bank, but he and his family could not believe what they saw
A man from North Carolina received a check from a bank with a wrong amount; a little over a million dollars.
The check was from the Bank of America and issued to Eric Gabriel, who was expecting money from the bank but not that huge amount.
“I could feel my flesh say, ‘I want this,’ but it wasn’t it, it wasn’t mine,” said Gabriel.
Of course, the idea of becoming a millionaire instantly was tempting but Gabriel said he knew he had to do the right thing.
“All these thoughts run through your mind like, ‘Oh I can do this, I might not even have to work,” he said.
Instead of keeping the check, Gabriel ultimately gave the check back.
“We prayed about it and we decided the best thing to do is glorify God with everything we do so we decided to take it back,” said Gabriel.
A spokesperson for the Bank of America confirmed that the incident has been resolved.
“From our perspective, we resolved the issue and we appreciate the customer reaching out and letting us know about it,” said Ferris Morrison; a bank communications executive with global marketing and corporate affairs. “It was a mistake. It was fixed.”
Declining to get into specifics, Charlotte-based Bank of America confirmed to The Charlotte Observer that a mix-up happened in May and admitted it involved a bank customer in North Carolina’s Waxhaw; a town of about 10,000 people.
Even though he isn’t sleeping in a bed of cash, Gabriel is sleeping well at night knowing he did the right thing.
“Christ in me wouldn’t allow me to do the wrong thing,” he said.
- SC junks PCGG’s P51-B claims vs. Marcos, cronies’ ill-gotten wealth - June 19, 2018
- Niece wears Princess Diana’s iconic wedding tiara - June 19, 2018
- DOJ reinstates Fox’s missionary visa; Palace says she’s not yet off the hook - June 19, 2018
- Australian artist creates beautiful paintings by using her body as the canvas - June 19, 2018
- Pinoy seaman falls off ship, miraculously survived 4 hours at sea while shark circled him - June 19, 2018
- Big boulder almost flattened SUV in Kennon Road, passengers survive - June 18, 2018
- Irregularities in DOH project worth P8.1 billion uncovered - June 18, 2018
- Doctor daughter of EB’s Jose Manalo shares the cool and loving nature of her father - June 18, 2018
- Watch: Student with autism delivers inspirational graduation speech in viral video - June 18, 2018
- Kapuso star Janine’s rumored BF Rayver leaves Star Magic after over a decade - June 17, 2018