- A man from North Carolina was shocked after they mistakenly received a check from the Bank of America for more than $1-million
- Eric Gabriel did the right thing and alerted the bank, but he and his family could not believe what they saw
A man from North Carolina received a check from a bank with a wrong amount; a little over a million dollars.
The check was from the Bank of America and issued to Eric Gabriel, who was expecting money from the bank but not that huge amount.
“I could feel my flesh say, ‘I want this,’ but it wasn’t it, it wasn’t mine,” said Gabriel.
Of course, the idea of becoming a millionaire instantly was tempting but Gabriel said he knew he had to do the right thing.
“All these thoughts run through your mind like, ‘Oh I can do this, I might not even have to work,” he said.
Instead of keeping the check, Gabriel ultimately gave the check back.
“We prayed about it and we decided the best thing to do is glorify God with everything we do so we decided to take it back,” said Gabriel.
A spokesperson for the Bank of America confirmed that the incident has been resolved.
“From our perspective, we resolved the issue and we appreciate the customer reaching out and letting us know about it,” said Ferris Morrison; a bank communications executive with global marketing and corporate affairs. “It was a mistake. It was fixed.”
Declining to get into specifics, Charlotte-based Bank of America confirmed to The Charlotte Observer that a mix-up happened in May and admitted it involved a bank customer in North Carolina’s Waxhaw; a town of about 10,000 people.
Even though he isn’t sleeping in a bed of cash, Gabriel is sleeping well at night knowing he did the right thing.
“Christ in me wouldn’t allow me to do the wrong thing,” he said.
- 52-year-old OFW found lifeless in a hotel room in Saudi Arabia - August 20, 2018
- Bais City constructs lighthouse for Golden Charter Anniversary - August 20, 2018
- Frightened passengers take video of an alleged white lady along Old Zigzag road - August 20, 2018
- PGH PA condemns Ramon Tulfo ‘cyberbullying, shaming’ a medical staff - August 20, 2018
- Super Tekla reveals facing doubts regarding his sexuality before confirming he’s 100% guy - August 20, 2018
- Filipino math wizards win 24 medals in an international competition held in China - August 20, 2018
- Joma Sison claims PRRD in coma - August 20, 2018
- ‘Inday Will Always Love You’ gets season 2 due to success in ratings, social media - August 18, 2018
- National ID system law to take effect on Saturday, gets P2-B initial funding - August 18, 2018
- Owner, admin of private school in CamSur in hot water over burning of students’ bags out of anger - August 18, 2018