- A man from North Carolina was shocked after they mistakenly received a check from the Bank of America for more than $1-million
- Eric Gabriel did the right thing and alerted the bank, but he and his family could not believe what they saw
A man from North Carolina received a check from a bank with a wrong amount; a little over a million dollars.
The check was from the Bank of America and issued to Eric Gabriel, who was expecting money from the bank but not that huge amount.
“I could feel my flesh say, ‘I want this,’ but it wasn’t it, it wasn’t mine,” said Gabriel.
Of course, the idea of becoming a millionaire instantly was tempting but Gabriel said he knew he had to do the right thing.
“All these thoughts run through your mind like, ‘Oh I can do this, I might not even have to work,” he said.
Instead of keeping the check, Gabriel ultimately gave the check back.
“We prayed about it and we decided the best thing to do is glorify God with everything we do so we decided to take it back,” said Gabriel.
A spokesperson for the Bank of America confirmed that the incident has been resolved.
“From our perspective, we resolved the issue and we appreciate the customer reaching out and letting us know about it,” said Ferris Morrison; a bank communications executive with global marketing and corporate affairs. “It was a mistake. It was fixed.”
Declining to get into specifics, Charlotte-based Bank of America confirmed to The Charlotte Observer that a mix-up happened in May and admitted it involved a bank customer in North Carolina’s Waxhaw; a town of about 10,000 people.
Even though he isn’t sleeping in a bed of cash, Gabriel is sleeping well at night knowing he did the right thing.
“Christ in me wouldn’t allow me to do the wrong thing,” he said.
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018