A relatively large percentage of the 36 towns in Maguindanao have already been provided with electricity by the Maguindanao Electric Cooperative Inc.
MAGELCO general manager Ashary Maongco said as a result of the efforts of the electric cooperative to provide power to most of Maguindanao, the National Electrification Administration (NEA) upgraded MAGELCO’s category from Class D to Class B in 2016 and only lacks two points to become Class A.
In addition, the power curtailment of one hour and a half between MAGELCO’s two feeders during peak period at Salbu Substation that covers Maguindanao East will be eased out by the completion of its brand new 10 MVA power substation in the Municipality of Ampatuan.
“Our engineers and crews are always in the field to see to it that our systems are always reliable. In July 2018, the power substation has been energized and inaugurated,” said Maongco.
Despite a low turn around of the payment of its customers in the east, MAGELCO anchored another project in the eMaguindanao East by constructing and installing 45-foot concrete poles from Datu Salibu to Esperanza and rehabilitate the lines from Sharief Aguak to Mamasapano, Rajah Buyaan and Sultan sa Barongis.
The electric cooperative (EC) is presently undergoing a process to become the first 1SO 9000-compliant EC in the ARMM. On September 5, MAGELCO observed its 43rd founding anniversary.
Submitted by Kicker daily Guest writer Ted Khan R Juanite.
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018