A relatively large percentage of the 36 towns in Maguindanao have already been provided with electricity by the Maguindanao Electric Cooperative Inc.
MAGELCO general manager Ashary Maongco said as a result of the efforts of the electric cooperative to provide power to most of Maguindanao, the National Electrification Administration (NEA) upgraded MAGELCO’s category from Class D to Class B in 2016 and only lacks two points to become Class A.
In addition, the power curtailment of one hour and a half between MAGELCO’s two feeders during peak period at Salbu Substation that covers Maguindanao East will be eased out by the completion of its brand new 10 MVA power substation in the Municipality of Ampatuan.
“Our engineers and crews are always in the field to see to it that our systems are always reliable. In July 2018, the power substation has been energized and inaugurated,” said Maongco.
Despite a low turn around of the payment of its customers in the east, MAGELCO anchored another project in the eMaguindanao East by constructing and installing 45-foot concrete poles from Datu Salibu to Esperanza and rehabilitate the lines from Sharief Aguak to Mamasapano, Rajah Buyaan and Sultan sa Barongis.
The electric cooperative (EC) is presently undergoing a process to become the first 1SO 9000-compliant EC in the ARMM. On September 5, MAGELCO observed its 43rd founding anniversary.
Submitted by Kicker daily Guest writer Ted Khan R Juanite.
- RAWR Awards will be happening again in November - September 19, 2018
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - September 6, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - September 6, 2018
- Press Release: Groups slam DENR for continued permit issuance and approval of coal projects - September 6, 2018