I checked on Mom…she’s sleeping soundly.
I looked at her old and worn out face,
gave her a feather-light kiss on her forehead
so as not to wake her up.
When she wakes up in the morning,
I know she’ll be forgetting a lot of things again.
We’ll be arguing again over trivial things…
and I will have to remind her again and again
that she has already eaten, taken her medicine,
or that she’s not due to go home yet.
Taking care of our old parents is not always easy.
But we have to keep on reminding ourselves
that we, too, shall grow old and we will want our kids to be patient with us, too, despite our imperfections.
Love your parents more in their old age…
it’s when they need it most.
- London’s V&A Museum to exhibit Mindanao traditional clothing - June 2, 2019
- Long lost twin? Grab rider, driver magka-‘lokalike’ - May 31, 2019
- A breastfeeding mom’s journey to lose weight - May 10, 2019
- San Miguel calendar girls of all time - May 10, 2019
- Half Filipina Jennifer Chang wins best director award in LA - May 8, 2019
- Japan scholarship applications for Filipinos open until end of May 2019 - May 8, 2019
- Blooming preggy celebs ngayong 2019 - May 7, 2019
- Ang Unang Suweldo ni Bunso - May 7, 2019
- My Nanny, My Baby - April 23, 2019
- Feeling down? Pray with your heart - February 25, 2019