I checked on Mom…she’s sleeping soundly.
I looked at her old and worn out face,
gave her a feather-light kiss on her forehead
so as not to wake her up.
When she wakes up in the morning,
I know she’ll be forgetting a lot of things again.
We’ll be arguing again over trivial things…
and I will have to remind her again and again
that she has already eaten, taken her medicine,
or that she’s not due to go home yet.
Taking care of our old parents is not always easy.
But we have to keep on reminding ourselves
that we, too, shall grow old and we will want our kids to be patient with us, too, despite our imperfections.
Love your parents more in their old age…
it’s when they need it most.
- Ang Unang Suweldo ni Bunso - May 7, 2019
- My Nanny, My Baby - April 23, 2019
- Feeling down? Pray with your heart - February 25, 2019
- “Uwian na, may nanalo na!” Reaksyon ng mga netizens sa Ultra Lotto winners, nakakaaliw - October 15, 2018
- Huwag tularan: Mag-inang nagtapon ng basura sa baha - October 8, 2018
- Eh kasi Tatay! (A Parenting Story) - September 29, 2018
- Naranasan n’yo rin bang makipanood ng TV sa kapitbahay? - September 28, 2018
- Thought-provoking story: Professor-student conversation on faith - September 28, 2018
- Ang Malas ng May Tatlong Kuya! Grrrrrrr!!!! - September 24, 2018
- Every Teacher’s Dream - September 22, 2018