- A little girl was attacked by a shark in an aquarium inside a mall in China
- The victim suffered deep gashes and multiple fractures in her right hand
- The mall management promised to help in the girl’s hospitalization
The supposed to be leisure visit of a grandmother and her 6-year-old granddaughter to a shopping mall in China had gone awry when a shark in an open-top aquarium attacked the little girl.
The victim, identified as Xiao Li, was with her grandmother in the unnamed shopping mall and was among the mall-goers who were watching the sharks swim around inside the aquarium when one of the fish attacked and bit her right hand.
CCTV footage of the incident showed mall-goers scurry away in fright as the shark swam towards Xiao Li.
According to CarbonatedTV, the girl suffered nine bites in her right hand. Her index and little fingers were fractured with extensive damage to nerves and tendons.
CCTV footage from the mall showed mall-goers, including the girl and her relatives, were gathered around the open-top aquarium watching the sharks swim around when one of the fish suddenly attacked and bit the girl’s hand. The footage showed the people scurry away in fright as the shark swam towards the victim.
The grandmother said the child was only leaning against the aquarium when the shark jumped out of the water and attacked her granddaughter but mall authorities belied her claim.
“In our CCTV footage, the child is seen reaching into the water, which is why this has happened. If you don’t put your hand in the water, a shark wouldn’t normally jump out and attack,” the mall’s sales manager said.
“We have warning signs in place around the aquarium and we broadcast messages too – there are even two supervisors around to remind people to be careful,” the sales manager added.
However, the victim’s grandmother insisted that the girl did not put her hand inside the aquarium.
“She did lean against the aquarium glass, but she didn’t reach into the water, the shark just jumped out of the water and attacked her,” she said.
The victim was rushed to a hospital for treatment. Luckily, the child did not lose any of her fingers. The mall management promised to help in her hospitalization.
- Payo ni Dok sa mga taong hirap sa paghinga, agad magpa-check up - March 13, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019
- Tatlo pang pinaghihinalaang nangunguha ng mga bata, iniimbestigahan - March 5, 2019
- Arestadong kidnapping suspect umaming mahigit 20 bata ang nadukot nila simula Oktubre 2018 - February 25, 2019
- Buong pamilyang Pinoy nasawi sa malagim na car accident sa California - February 25, 2019
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019