The US has always been the saving grace for most Filipinos and the people are very thankful for what America has done throughout the country’s history. From education, to its political system, and popular culture, America has exerted so much influence on the Philippines that some Filipinos are not able to identify with their own cultural identity.
This image was posted by a Filipino who stated that this is a temporary call for US intervention until the country is back on its feet.
It’s quite humiliating and demoralizing that some Filipinos are willing to give up their own government to another country because they have given up hope that their own people will be able to make a difference for their own country.
Instead of looking outward for saviors, now is the time to look amongst ourselves for heroes. To support another as a community, and volunteer to help those who are struggling. Take your country back and don’t allow a calamity or a broken government to destroy your PRIDE!
“Do You Hear The People Sing?”
“Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes! “
- Filipino-Christian Hypocrisy: Manny Pacquiao - February 18, 2016
- Homophobia In The Modern World - February 18, 2016
- “Amerikana”: Not A White Man’s Clothing - November 2, 2015
- The Struggle of the Moro People - January 30, 2015
- Emilio Aguinaldo: The Opportunist? - June 16, 2014
- ASWANG in Portland! - March 10, 2014
- Marcos and The Debt He Left Behind - February 25, 2014
- Are You Upset About Corruption? - February 13, 2014
- How Vhong Navarro Will Help Other Victims of Violence - January 29, 2014
- “Let America Take Over The Government of the Phils!!” - November 20, 2013