- Kristen Stewart, a member of this year’s jury at the Cannes film festival, has flouted the ban on flat shoes – by instead going barefoot on the red carpet
- It wasn’t clear if her act was a demonstration of protest on Cannes’ notorious policy of requiring women to wear high heels on the red carpet
Actress Kirsten Stewart, a member of the jury of this year’s Cannes Film Festival, ditched her high heels and walked at the red carpet barefoot.
The Twilight actress wore black Louboutin heels as she arrived at the BlacKkKlansman premiere.
But before entering the screening of the Spike Lee film, she slipped off her shoes to marched up the stairs.
She was apparently not sanctioned for taking off her heels.
It was a controversial move, as Cannes is known for a”no flats” rule for the red carpet — a dress code that undeniably affects women more than men.
It wasn’t clear if her act was a demonstration of protest on Cannes’ notorious policy of requiring women to wear high heels on the red carpet or whether she wanted to feel more secure on the somewhat soggy red carpet.
- Duterte ‘weeps’ during valve opening of oil and gas production in Cebu - May 26, 2018
- Filipino contestant and partner win grand prize in Belgium’s Got Talent - May 26, 2018
- Internet star Jelai Andres gets big surprise from future mom-in-law - May 25, 2018
- Pinoy photographer Rommel Lugada wins bronze in Moscow Int’l Foto Awards - May 25, 2018
- BOC seizes cigarettes, other misdeclared goods worth P36.5M at MICP, Tondo - May 25, 2018
- “More than slimming down”, Bea shares her ‘moral reasons’ for being Pescatarian - May 25, 2018
- Jet Li speaks up after viral photo sparked rumors on his poor health - May 25, 2018
- Groom divorces bride within 15 minutes into marrying her - May 25, 2018
- Apple’s WWDC is set and the invites are out - May 25, 2018
- Anne visits memory lane as she talked about her fave childhood food - May 25, 2018