- Kristen Stewart, a member of this year’s jury at the Cannes film festival, has flouted the ban on flat shoes – by instead going barefoot on the red carpet
- It wasn’t clear if her act was a demonstration of protest on Cannes’ notorious policy of requiring women to wear high heels on the red carpet
Actress Kirsten Stewart, a member of the jury of this year’s Cannes Film Festival, ditched her high heels and walked at the red carpet barefoot.
The Twilight actress wore black Louboutin heels as she arrived at the BlacKkKlansman premiere.
But before entering the screening of the Spike Lee film, she slipped off her shoes to marched up the stairs.
She was apparently not sanctioned for taking off her heels.
It was a controversial move, as Cannes is known for a”no flats” rule for the red carpet — a dress code that undeniably affects women more than men.
It wasn’t clear if her act was a demonstration of protest on Cannes’ notorious policy of requiring women to wear high heels on the red carpet or whether she wanted to feel more secure on the somewhat soggy red carpet.
- NGCP honors MAGELCO for best practices - October 15, 2018
- Top Electrical Safety Tips for The Whole Family - October 15, 2018
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - October 8, 2018
- RAWR Awards will be happening again in November - September 19, 2018
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018