- Kristen Stewart, a member of this year’s jury at the Cannes film festival, has flouted the ban on flat shoes – by instead going barefoot on the red carpet
- It wasn’t clear if her act was a demonstration of protest on Cannes’ notorious policy of requiring women to wear high heels on the red carpet
Actress Kirsten Stewart, a member of the jury of this year’s Cannes Film Festival, ditched her high heels and walked at the red carpet barefoot.
The Twilight actress wore black Louboutin heels as she arrived at the BlacKkKlansman premiere.
But before entering the screening of the Spike Lee film, she slipped off her shoes to marched up the stairs.
She was apparently not sanctioned for taking off her heels.
It was a controversial move, as Cannes is known for a”no flats” rule for the red carpet — a dress code that undeniably affects women more than men.
It wasn’t clear if her act was a demonstration of protest on Cannes’ notorious policy of requiring women to wear high heels on the red carpet or whether she wanted to feel more secure on the somewhat soggy red carpet.
- 52-year-old OFW found lifeless in a hotel room in Saudi Arabia - August 20, 2018
- Bais City constructs lighthouse for Golden Charter Anniversary - August 20, 2018
- Frightened passengers take video of an alleged white lady along Old Zigzag road - August 20, 2018
- PGH PA condemns Ramon Tulfo ‘cyberbullying, shaming’ a medical staff - August 20, 2018
- Super Tekla reveals facing doubts regarding his sexuality before confirming he’s 100% guy - August 20, 2018
- Filipino math wizards win 24 medals in an international competition held in China - August 20, 2018
- Joma Sison claims PRRD in coma - August 20, 2018
- ‘Inday Will Always Love You’ gets season 2 due to success in ratings, social media - August 18, 2018
- National ID system law to take effect on Saturday, gets P2-B initial funding - August 18, 2018
- Owner, admin of private school in CamSur in hot water over burning of students’ bags out of anger - August 18, 2018