- Kristen Stewart, a member of this year’s jury at the Cannes film festival, has flouted the ban on flat shoes – by instead going barefoot on the red carpet
- It wasn’t clear if her act was a demonstration of protest on Cannes’ notorious policy of requiring women to wear high heels on the red carpet
Actress Kirsten Stewart, a member of the jury of this year’s Cannes Film Festival, ditched her high heels and walked at the red carpet barefoot.
The Twilight actress wore black Louboutin heels as she arrived at the BlacKkKlansman premiere.
But before entering the screening of the Spike Lee film, she slipped off her shoes to marched up the stairs.
She was apparently not sanctioned for taking off her heels.
It was a controversial move, as Cannes is known for a”no flats” rule for the red carpet — a dress code that undeniably affects women more than men.
It wasn’t clear if her act was a demonstration of protest on Cannes’ notorious policy of requiring women to wear high heels on the red carpet or whether she wanted to feel more secure on the somewhat soggy red carpet.
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018