- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has accepted President Donald Trump’s invitation to visit the White House
- The news comes after the two leaders met for a historic summit in Singapore earlier Tuesday
The North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, accepted the invitation made by the US president, Donald Trump, to visit Washington D.C., North Korea’s Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported.
The news comes after the two leaders met for a historic summit in Singapore earlier Tuesday; signing a document committing the U.S. to unspecified “security guarantees” in exchange for a denuclearized Korean Peninsula.
Also, during the same meeting, Kim Jong-un invited Trump to visit Pyongyang.
“The two leaders gladly accepted the mutual invitations, convinced that they will serve as another important opportunity to improve relations between North Korea and the US,” the KCNA wrote.
Before the summit, Trump said he “absolutely” planned to invite Kim to the United States.
“I think it’s really going to be something that will be very important,” Trump said. “And he has accepted. I said, at the appropriate time. We want to go a little bit further down the road.”
- 52-year-old OFW found lifeless in a hotel room in Saudi Arabia - August 20, 2018
- Bais City constructs lighthouse for Golden Charter Anniversary - August 20, 2018
- Frightened passengers take video of an alleged white lady along Old Zigzag road - August 20, 2018
- PGH PA condemns Ramon Tulfo ‘cyberbullying, shaming’ a medical staff - August 20, 2018
- Super Tekla reveals facing doubts regarding his sexuality before confirming he’s 100% guy - August 20, 2018
- Filipino math wizards win 24 medals in an international competition held in China - August 20, 2018
- Joma Sison claims PRRD in coma - August 20, 2018
- ‘Inday Will Always Love You’ gets season 2 due to success in ratings, social media - August 18, 2018
- National ID system law to take effect on Saturday, gets P2-B initial funding - August 18, 2018
- Owner, admin of private school in CamSur in hot water over burning of students’ bags out of anger - August 18, 2018