- The Hows of Us raked P35.9-million first day box office revenue
- The KathNiel movie has set their highest opening day record
- Cathy Molina said the movie is of a different level compared to the former KathNiel films as it shows a more mature side of them
The latest movie of Kapamilya actors and love team Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo have apparently shaken the Filipino film fanatics to go to the cinemas.
According to a data from ABS-CBN, Star Cinema-produced The Hows of Us made a whopping P35,938,622.74-million on its first day – breaking the love team’s previous record, now it’s their movie with the highest opening day revenue.
The love team’s 2017 movie “Can’t Help Falling in Love”, to note, garnered P33-million revenue on the first day.
Talent manager Noel Ferrer said, as per PEP, the movie proved that if Filipinos really want to watch the movie, they would go.
He cited the recent showing of Buybust and the films in the Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino wherein people asked the whereabouts of the viewers — to which he said they appeared at the KathNiel’s movie.
Popular director Cathy Molina directed The Hows of Us, and she said the movie is of a different level compared to the previous KathNiel films as it shows a more mature side of them.
LionhearTV posted Vice Ganda and Coco Martin’s The Super Parental Guardians still holds the record for a Filipino movie with the highest opening day revenue with P70-million; followed by My Bebe Love: #KiligPaMore‘s P60.4-million — both were MMFF films.
Moreover, John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo’s A Second Chance is still the country’s non-MMFF movie with the highest opening day revenue of P43.3-million.
Here’s a video trailer from Star Cinema:
- Malinis at maluwag na Divisoria, posible pa ba? - June 22, 2019
- Angelica Panganiban, idinaan na sa socmed ang reklamo sa telco dahil sa palpak na serbisyo - June 21, 2019
- PH Army to train with Israeli forces - June 21, 2019
- DFA chief says ‘NO’ to Recto Bank joint probe with China - June 21, 2019
- PAL voted as 2019’s Most Improved Airline by Skytrax - June 19, 2019
- Facebook launches own cryptocurrency “Libra” - June 19, 2019
- Duterte downplays Recto Bank incident: A “little maritime accident” - June 18, 2019
- Throwback: A 1904 photo of flood outside Manila City Hall - June 17, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019