- The Hows of Us raked P35.9-million first day box office revenue
- The KathNiel movie has set their highest opening day record
- Cathy Molina said the movie is of a different level compared to the former KathNiel films as it shows a more mature side of them
The latest movie of Kapamilya actors and love team Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo have apparently shaken the Filipino film fanatics to go to the cinemas.
According to a data from ABS-CBN, Star Cinema-produced The Hows of Us made a whopping P35,938,622.74-million on its first day – breaking the love team’s previous record, now it’s their movie with the highest opening day revenue.
The love team’s 2017 movie “Can’t Help Falling in Love”, to note, garnered P33-million revenue on the first day.
Talent manager Noel Ferrer said, as per PEP, the movie proved that if Filipinos really want to watch the movie, they would go.
He cited the recent showing of Buybust and the films in the Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino wherein people asked the whereabouts of the viewers — to which he said they appeared at the KathNiel’s movie.
Popular director Cathy Molina directed The Hows of Us, and she said the movie is of a different level compared to the previous KathNiel films as it shows a more mature side of them.
LionhearTV posted Vice Ganda and Coco Martin’s The Super Parental Guardians still holds the record for a Filipino movie with the highest opening day revenue with P70-million; followed by My Bebe Love: #KiligPaMore‘s P60.4-million — both were MMFF films.
Moreover, John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo’s A Second Chance is still the country’s non-MMFF movie with the highest opening day revenue of P43.3-million.
Here’s a video trailer from Star Cinema:
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018