- Netizen captures moment soldiers took pity on some streetchildren who were asking for some water from a guard
- The men in uniform decided to give the kids more than just water
- A customer witnessed the kind act and shared a photo story on Facebook
By the looks of it, two soldiers were not even aware their generous act was being captured on camera by a fellow diner at a popular food chain.
But well, social media user Don A. Navarro was, apparently, so touched with what he witnessed that he couldn’t help but take a souvenir shot of that kind act bestowed by soldiers on three streetkids.
Navarro, on his Facebook account, shared this photo story of the two army soldiers who treated some street boys to a meal inside Chow King.
He posted that the children were asking the guard for some water to drink and that the guard obliged, but the soldiers took over and decided to treat them to a meal instead of just water! You can just imagine the joy experienced by the boys. That kindness might even spur the kids into dreaming to become soldiers in the future.
Navarro’s caption on FB goes:
“A VERY TOUCHING SCENE AT LUNCHTIME: THESE THREE STREET KIDS ASKED THE GUARD FOR WATER. TAKING PITY ON THEM, THE GUARD OBLIGED. A GROUP OF ARMY SOLDIERS NOTICED AND OFFERED TO BUY THE KIDS LUNCH INSTEAD. I FELT HONORED TO WITNESS THIS ACT OF KINDNESS BY THESE MEN, WHO MAY BE CALLED UPON TO GIVE THEIR LIVES TO THE COUNTRY ANYTIME.
Mabuhay to these soldiers! May your kind grow in number!”
The post has gotten viral as it speads good vibes. Salute to our soldiers!
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - September 6, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - September 6, 2018
- Press Release: Groups slam DENR for continued permit issuance and approval of coal projects - September 6, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - September 5, 2018