- Joma Sison said Duterte is in a coma
- Palace disclaimed Sison’s story
- Harry Roque said Duterte will attend the Kadayawan Festival on Tuesday
Palace denied that President Rodrigo Duterte is in a coma; thus, disclaiming the FB post of the Community Party of the Philippines (CCP) founding chairman Jose Maria Sison on Sunday evening sharing what he allegedly knew about the country’s leader’s health.
Sison shared, according to GMA News, that those who saw Duterte during the national convention of the fraternity Lex Talionis Fraternitas on Saturday “reported that the darkness of his face had become aggravated from its appearance the other day and that his walk and handshake had become more unstable.”
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the chief executive remains in robust health and has not fallen into a coma, as posted on the Manila Bulletin website.
The spokesperson said Duterte will have a public appearance on Tuesday at the Kadayawan Festival.
Roque said Sison spent his time in a revolution, not as a doctor so he is not credible to listen to in terms of medical condition.
He called the allegation about Duterte’s health as “wishful thinking”; denying the president has fallen ill over the weekend.
Special Assistant to the President (SAP) Bong Go said he was only resting in bed, and said Joma is probably dreaming.
Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo said Sison was only fed with a wrong information.
“Unlike Joma Sison, the President is in robust health. I wish him good health that he may live long enough to see the dawn of peace that has remained elusive between the communist insurgents and the armed forces.”
Last year, the CCP leader said Duterte is ill with colon cancer; it was denied by the palace too.
- Payo ni Dok sa mga taong hirap sa paghinga, agad magpa-check up - March 13, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019
- Tatlo pang pinaghihinalaang nangunguha ng mga bata, iniimbestigahan - March 5, 2019
- Arestadong kidnapping suspect umaming mahigit 20 bata ang nadukot nila simula Oktubre 2018 - February 25, 2019
- Buong pamilyang Pinoy nasawi sa malagim na car accident sa California - February 25, 2019
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019