Hollywood, CA — Here you have it folks! After a nationwide vote of over 90 million, Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips will go head to head on the Season 11 finale of American Idol. Joshua Ledet was eliminated with the lowest number of votes.
Just the night before, Sanchez performed Mariah Carey’s “My All”, Aerosmith’s “I Dont Want To Miss A Thing”, and The Jackson 5?s “I’ll Be There.” With the exception of AI judge Randy Jackson’s “OK” comment on her last song, Sanchez received great reviews from all the judges.
16-year-old Sanchez, whose mother is a Filipina and father of Mexican heritage, is the youngest American Idol contestant to make it to the finale since David Archuleta. She is the only person of Filipino ancestry (or asian descent for that matter) to make it to the finals. Jasmine Trias, a Filipino-American from Hawaii made it to the top three on Season 3.
Congratulations, Jessica Sanchez!
The show’s finale is on May 23. Watch it and vote, everyone!
- An interview with Mercedes Benz designer Wini Camacho - March 3, 2015
- A Filipina Traveler on Around the World Journey -including Antarctica! - February 19, 2015
- Jessica Sanchez vs. Phillip Phillips on the American Idol Finals! - May 17, 2012
- Jessica Sanchez will be Successful Regardless - May 17, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why Jessica Sanchez Will Win American Idol Season 11 - May 11, 2012
- Jessica Sanchez is in the Top Three on American Idol! - May 10, 2012
- Jennifer Holliday: “Jessica Sanchez should be our next American Idol” - May 10, 2012
- “You Are So Beautiful” — Jessica Sanchez (Top 4!) - May 2, 2012
- Get Up and Vote for Jessica Sanchez on American Idol - April 25, 2012
- Jessica Sanchez is on the Top 6 of American Idol - April 19, 2012