- Several Japanese automotive companies in the Philippines will open 50,000 job opportunities for Pinoy jobseekers
- Jobstreet Philippines said the job fair will be at the TIP Quezon City campus on September 28, 2018
- The job fair is an initiative of JICA in cooperation with the DTI and BOI
Several Japanese automotive companies in the country would open 50,000 work opportunities for job seekers this coming September, according to Jobstreet Philippines.
In a GMA News story dated July 12, 2018, Jobstreet Philippines country manager Philip Gioca announced that at least 40 Japanese automotive firms will participate in a job fair to be held at the Technological Institute of the Philippines (TIP) Quezon City campus on September 28 this year.
Gioca said the job fair is the initiative of the Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in cooperation with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the Board of Investments (BOI).
“We are happy to be part of a new program of TIP and DTI, BOI, and JICA. We are looking at the whole supply chain in the automotive industry,” he said.
JICA, in consultation with the Japanese car companies in the Philippines, saw that there is an opportunity here to increase the production of cars, according to Gioca.
“This is an initiative of JICA under consultation with the automotive industry. They’ve been talking to their companies in the Philippines and they see that there is an opportunity to increase production of cars in the Philippines,” Gioca said.
The Japanese car companies are looking to hire graduates of engineering, marketing, and management.
Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said the Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion Law did not discourage automotive companies to invest in the country.
- Payo ni Dok sa mga taong hirap sa paghinga, agad magpa-check up - March 13, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019
- Tatlo pang pinaghihinalaang nangunguha ng mga bata, iniimbestigahan - March 5, 2019
- Arestadong kidnapping suspect umaming mahigit 20 bata ang nadukot nila simula Oktubre 2018 - February 25, 2019
- Buong pamilyang Pinoy nasawi sa malagim na car accident sa California - February 25, 2019
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019