- Several Japanese automotive companies in the Philippines will open 50,000 job opportunities for Pinoy jobseekers
- Jobstreet Philippines said the job fair will be at the TIP Quezon City campus on September 28, 2018
- The job fair is an initiative of JICA in cooperation with the DTI and BOI
Several Japanese automotive companies in the country would open 50,000 work opportunities for job seekers this coming September, according to Jobstreet Philippines.
In a GMA News story dated July 12, 2018, Jobstreet Philippines country manager Philip Gioca announced that at least 40 Japanese automotive firms will participate in a job fair to be held at the Technological Institute of the Philippines (TIP) Quezon City campus on September 28 this year.
Gioca said the job fair is the initiative of the Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in cooperation with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the Board of Investments (BOI).
“We are happy to be part of a new program of TIP and DTI, BOI, and JICA. We are looking at the whole supply chain in the automotive industry,” he said.
JICA, in consultation with the Japanese car companies in the Philippines, saw that there is an opportunity here to increase the production of cars, according to Gioca.
“This is an initiative of JICA under consultation with the automotive industry. They’ve been talking to their companies in the Philippines and they see that there is an opportunity to increase production of cars in the Philippines,” Gioca said.
The Japanese car companies are looking to hire graduates of engineering, marketing, and management.
Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said the Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion Law did not discourage automotive companies to invest in the country.
- Supercouple ‘AlDub’ rakes 2 million tweets on 3rd anniversary - July 19, 2018
- Cebu-based guitar duo brings home gold medal in a world championship competition - July 18, 2018
- [Video] If they’re ready, Joshua will marry Julia 8 to 10 years from now - July 18, 2018
- Special Asssitant to the President Bong Go’s billboard on NLEX taken down - July 18, 2018
- Dedicated employee walks 20 miles to his first day in job; boss gives him a car as gift - July 18, 2018
- ‘I Love You, Hater’ star Julia Barretto: I want to be more than my last name - July 17, 2018
- Wear Your Pinoy Pride: Robin Padilla Kickstarts Brand Pilipinas 2018 - July 17, 2018
- Dumaguete dance troupe wins first place in Korea tilt - July 17, 2018
- Kara expresses gratitude to the journalist behind her ‘1st big break’ - July 17, 2018
- Pacquiao ‘thinking to get back’ Freddie Roach - July 17, 2018