- Netizen took a video of a homeless girl showing perseverance studying despite rains
- The video went viral on social media
- Netizens said her story must be an inspiration to other children
A video of a homeless little girl in Malate, Manila showing great dedication in finishing her homework despite rains went viral on social media — sharing a message of inspiration to youths to value education.
According to a GMA News post, the video of the little girl was taken at 1716 M.H. Del Pilar Street, Malate Manila.
In the video, the girl could be seen writing on a notebook via a pencil apparently answering questions from the textbook in her front; while shielding her work with a blanket.
Beside the girl is a woman sleeping, another child, and there’s a pink backpack.
GMA News disclosed that the concerned citizen who took the video told her to seek shelter from the rain, but she didn’t because she’s afraid that they might be told to leave the area.
The TV station’s FB caption to the video reads, “Sa kabila ng ulan at malakas na hangin, patuloy ang pag-aaral sa lansangan ng isang bata sa Malate, Manila. Nakuhanan pa ito na pilit pinapayungan ang kaniyang aklat at notebook upang hindi mabasa sa ulan.
[Despite rains and strong winds, a little girl from Malate, Manila continues to study in the street. She was caught, via a video, shielding her book and notebook so it wouldn’t get wet.]
“Naantig ang puso ng ilang concerned citizen sa pambihirang dedikasyon ng bata. Anila, nawa’y maging inspirasyon sa lahat ang kuwento ng bata.”
[Some concerned citizens were touched by the child’s extraordinary dedication. They say, her story must be an inspiration to other children.]
The netizens, meanwhile, took pity on the little girl — tagging famous philanthropists, politicians, and media personalities to offer help.
Here’s a video story from GMA News:
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - October 8, 2018
- RAWR Awards will be happening again in November - September 19, 2018
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - September 6, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - September 6, 2018