- Increasing taxes for tobacco is crucial in achieving universal health care, a health group believes
- New Vois Association of the Philippines supports legislative moves to raise tobacco tax to P60 per pack
- NVAP President Emer Rojas said Sin Tax was instrumental in increasing health budgets since 5 years ago
Increasing taxes for tobacco is crucial in achieving universal health care, a health group believes.
New Vois Association of the Philippines (NVAP) President Emer Rojas said they support legislative moves to raise tobacco tax from the current P35 per pack to P60 per pack or more.
“As Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) we are often faced with the dilemma of having to access appropriate health care services due to their costs so having a universal health care in place would hopefully bridge that gap,” Rojas, a victim of smoking-related illness, noted.
Rojas stressed that the Sin Tax was instrumental in increasing health budgets since five years ago with 85 percent of it used to fund health programs.
It is estimated that the country loses P210 billion a year from just the four major tobacco-related diseases alone.
- NGCP honors MAGELCO for best practices - October 15, 2018
- Top Electrical Safety Tips for The Whole Family - October 15, 2018
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - October 8, 2018
- RAWR Awards will be happening again in November - September 19, 2018
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018