I’m an avid football fan. I follow the Azkals, FC Barcelona, and the UFL regularly. But as a football fan, I must admit that football is still not as successful as basketball in our country today.
But know this: football is the future sport of our country. It’s a bold declaration, I know, but let me tell you why and how it’s entirely possible.
Football is perfect for Filipinos…physically.
I’m not saying that basketball isn’t. But the beauty about football is that you can be great at it (even reach the pro level) even if you’re small or tall, or even thin or thick. What I’m trying to say is that you can be a great footballer regardless of your physical attributes which is perfect for Filipinos.
The National League, if done correctly, can be the most successful sports league in the country.
Imagine this: what if a football club is owned by the people and for it’s people? I guess what I’m trying to say is that instead of businesses owning the football clubs (nothing wrong about that), why not let our clubs be owned by the people like FC Barcelona?
I personally believe that if the people owns the club, then the level of passion and commitment of the fans will be much higher than the fans of clubs owned by a single individual or a business. Imagine if you’re town, city or province has it’s own football club, playing in the national league, and battling against other towns, cities or provinces. Imagine if you’re the part owner of that club (by becoming a member of the club), how much support will you give to your club? Imagine FC Manila, Pampanga FC, Bulacan FC and compare it to [Business Name] FC. Imagine if that’s the football system that we have in our country, would you not be interested to become a part of it?
Where can we start?
We can embrace football slowly but surely by learning the basics of the game and by playing it with your friends. One way to do it is to watch and support the Azkals (who will play in the 2016 AFF Suzuki Cup this November, win tickets here), the UFL, and foreign leagues.
So, what’s the point?
I guess the point of this post is that football has a healthy chance of being as big as basketball in this country, maybe even bigger. So, why not embrace football, basketball and other sports and support them wholeheartedly?
- How Can Football Succeed In The Philippines - November 6, 2016
- 5 Things You Must Have To Live A Financially Healthy Life - August 27, 2016
- 5 Financial Mistakes You Need To Avoid - August 12, 2016
- 5 Financial Moves You Won’t Regret - August 6, 2016
- 5 Reasons Why You Are Broke! - August 3, 2016
- Top 5 Excuses Of People Too Afraid Of Financial Change - July 19, 2016
- Having The Right Mindset In Achieving Lifetime Financial Security - July 13, 2016
- Why Filipinos Struggle Financially And How We Can Achieve Financial Security - July 10, 2016
- The Uncertainty of Tomorrow - May 1, 2015
- Business Is Like Playing Football - April 5, 2015