- The House Bill 58 or the proposed “Teacher Protection Act” has been approved by the House Committee on Basic Education and Culture
- The bill aims to provide support and protection to teachers and personnel against cases involving student discipline
- It also aims for DepEd to create a “student manual” as a guide on student discipline and classroom management
The House Committee on Basic Education and Culture approved a bill seeking to provide protection and support to teachers and personnel in terms of student discipline and classroom management.
Authored by ACT Teachers party-list Representative Antonio Tinio, the House Bill 58 or the proposed “Teacher Protection Act”, aims to give support to teachers or school personnel who are faced with cases related to student discipline.
According to the proposed bill, “any act committed by a teacher or a staff pursuant to disciplinary rules and procedure issued by the Department of Education (DepEd) would not be deemed as child abuse, cruelty, or exploitation as defined in Republic Act No. 7610,” as quoted by Inquirer.
It also asked the Department of Education to make a “student manual” which will outline policies and procedures on student discipline and classroom management.
- Duterte ‘weeps’ during valve opening of oil and gas production in Cebu - May 26, 2018
- Filipino contestant and partner win grand prize in Belgium’s Got Talent - May 26, 2018
- Internet star Jelai Andres gets big surprise from future mom-in-law - May 25, 2018
- Pinoy photographer Rommel Lugada wins bronze in Moscow Int’l Foto Awards - May 25, 2018
- BOC seizes cigarettes, other misdeclared goods worth P36.5M at MICP, Tondo - May 25, 2018
- “More than slimming down”, Bea shares her ‘moral reasons’ for being Pescatarian - May 25, 2018
- Jet Li speaks up after viral photo sparked rumors on his poor health - May 25, 2018
- Groom divorces bride within 15 minutes into marrying her - May 25, 2018
- Apple’s WWDC is set and the invites are out - May 25, 2018
- Anne visits memory lane as she talked about her fave childhood food - May 25, 2018