- A Hollywood producer wants to turn the complex cave rescue of 12 boys and their soccer coach into a movie
- The producer went to the rescue operation site to gain exclusive rights to tell the story of the soccer team trapped in a cave
- The 12 boys and their soccer coach were trapped inside a cave for 10 days before they were found
A Hollywood movie producer traveled to Thailand to gain exclusive rights to tell the story of the 12 boys and their soccer coach who were trapped inside a cave for two weeks.
As per a Sky News story dated July 12, 2018, the complex rescue operation was still underway when the Hollywood producer sprang into action.
Michael Scott, the managing partner of Pure Flix, an American production company known for its “God’s not Dead” series and other family-friendly movies, went to the rescue scene with co-producer Adam Smith to secure exclusive rights to tell the story of the trapped soccer team and the operation to extricate them from the flooded cave.
The film producer said the story of the boys and their coach would be made into a major Hollywood movie.
“I couldn’t be more excited. This story has meant so much to me as I have followed it in Thailand this summer. My wife actually grew up with the Thai Navy SEAL that died in the cave. To see all that heroic bravery in the cave, and to get all the divers out, it’s just such a touching event and so personal to me,” Scott said.
“We’re here really looking at this as a movie that could inspire millions of people across the globe. And we’re here witnessing the events, gathering some contacts and everything, to really tell a story about an international effort, the entire world coming together to save kids trapped in this Thai cave,” he added.
Asked whether such project was very early at this point, Scott said they have to act fast because several big companies are coming in.
“There’s going to be other production companies coming in so we have to act pretty quickly,” he explained.
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018