- Yeng Guiao and some of his players from the Asian Games in Indonesia only have a day to rest before preparing for the fourth window of the FIBA Basketball World Cup Asian qualifiers
- Gilas Pilipinas returned to Manila Saturday following a 5th place finish at the Asian Games
With barely enough rest from the ASIAN games stint held in Jakarta, Indonesia, Coach Yeng Guiao will hit the ground running immediately Monday night in preparations for the second round of the FIBA World Cup Asia qualifiers.
Gilas Pilipinas returned to Manila Saturday following a 5th place finish at the Asian Games.
Guiao, who will call the shots for Gilas Pilipinas in the September window in place of suspended head coach Chot Reyes, will hold practice on Monday, September 3.
“We will practice on Monday, this coming Monday for the FIBA window,” he told the reporters.
“By Monday, we will have the team that’s going to Iran,” he added.
Eight of the players from that play in the Asian Games roster were invited — Beau Belga, Raymond Almazan, and Gabe Norwood from Rain or Shine, Stanley Pringle from GlobalPort, Christian Standhardinger from San Miguel Beer, Asi Taulava from NLEX, Poy Erram from Blackwater, and Paul Lee from Magnolia.
“Matthew Wright (Phoenix) was invited because he’s suspended for only one game. He would be available for the Qatar game. The other invitees are Alex Cabagnot (SMB), Marcio Lassiter (SMB), Scottie Thompson (Ginebra), Ian Sangalang (Magnolia), and Allein Maliksi (Blackwater),” Guiao said via TV5.
Gilas Pilipinas will face Iran on their home turf on September 13 before facing Qatar in a closed-door game at home on September 17.
- Malinis at maluwag na Divisoria, posible pa ba? - June 22, 2019
- Angelica Panganiban, idinaan na sa socmed ang reklamo sa telco dahil sa palpak na serbisyo - June 21, 2019
- PH Army to train with Israeli forces - June 21, 2019
- DFA chief says ‘NO’ to Recto Bank joint probe with China - June 21, 2019
- PAL voted as 2019’s Most Improved Airline by Skytrax - June 19, 2019
- Facebook launches own cryptocurrency “Libra” - June 19, 2019
- Duterte downplays Recto Bank incident: A “little maritime accident” - June 18, 2019
- Throwback: A 1904 photo of flood outside Manila City Hall - June 17, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019