- 9 museums in Metro Manila are expected to offer free admission on Friday, May 18, for the International Museum Day
- National Musuem chairman Ramon R. del Rosario posted a message that also serves as an invitation on Facebook
In celebration of International Museum Day, at least nine museums in Metro Manila are expected to offer free admission on Friday, May 18.
The nine museums are:
- Yuchengco Museum in Makati
- Metropolitan Museum
- Museong Pambata
- Bahay Tsinoy in Intramuros
- QCX Museum in Quezon City
- National Museum for Fine Arts
- National Museum of Anthropology
- National Museum of Natural History
- the Planetarium
National Musuem chairman Ramon R. del Rosario said in a message posted on Facebook: “We are promoting to Filipinos and visitors from all around the world our National Museum in the Philippines. Here can be found knowledge, appreciation and love for our heritage as Filipinos and as people, in the fields of fine arts, anthropology, the natural world and their historical contexts.”
Additionally, the message said that not only those in Metro Manila will be offering free admission, but from Batanes to Jolo.
National Museum is one of the leading centers of education, science and culture. “All who are interested or merely curious are able to come because admission is free, to the National Museum Complex in Rizal Park in Manila, and to our museums nationwide, from Batanes to Jolo, which is made possible by the strong support for this institution from the national government and our partners in the private and other sectors,” the message added.
The Ayala Museum in Makati will celebrate International Museum Day on Sunday, May 20, and will offer free admission.
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018