- 9 museums in Metro Manila are expected to offer free admission on Friday, May 18, for the International Museum Day
- National Musuem chairman Ramon R. del Rosario posted a message that also serves as an invitation on Facebook
In celebration of International Museum Day, at least nine museums in Metro Manila are expected to offer free admission on Friday, May 18.
The nine museums are:
- Yuchengco Museum in Makati
- Metropolitan Museum
- Museong Pambata
- Bahay Tsinoy in Intramuros
- QCX Museum in Quezon City
- National Museum for Fine Arts
- National Museum of Anthropology
- National Museum of Natural History
- the Planetarium
National Musuem chairman Ramon R. del Rosario said in a message posted on Facebook: “We are promoting to Filipinos and visitors from all around the world our National Museum in the Philippines. Here can be found knowledge, appreciation and love for our heritage as Filipinos and as people, in the fields of fine arts, anthropology, the natural world and their historical contexts.”
Additionally, the message said that not only those in Metro Manila will be offering free admission, but from Batanes to Jolo.
National Museum is one of the leading centers of education, science and culture. “All who are interested or merely curious are able to come because admission is free, to the National Museum Complex in Rizal Park in Manila, and to our museums nationwide, from Batanes to Jolo, which is made possible by the strong support for this institution from the national government and our partners in the private and other sectors,” the message added.
The Ayala Museum in Makati will celebrate International Museum Day on Sunday, May 20, and will offer free admission.
- NGCP honors MAGELCO for best practices - October 15, 2018
- Top Electrical Safety Tips for The Whole Family - October 15, 2018
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - October 8, 2018
- RAWR Awards will be happening again in November - September 19, 2018
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018