4/3/2016 9:03:57 PM
Hele sa Hiwagang Hapis (A Lullaby to Sorrowful Mystery) will go down as one of the longest movie ever produced, and seen by the viewing public. Perhaps, one of the longest for Lav Diaz, too; considering the indie filmmaker creates longer-than-daily-life pictures.
Anyway, as the 490 minute film progress from start to finish, you already know this is not just an ordinary film even if it’s backed up by a big-time firm Star Cinema. It is produced with a convergence of multiple film producers, something we might have yet to know unless we have seen the credits carefully or researched Wikipedia.
It’s tough to ponder on several questions; like on how Andres Bonifacio’s remains still remains to be seen after 30 days of sojourn? How did it affect Oryang? How tough was Ceasaria to be a woman (more heroic than all of those revolutionary soldiers) and admit her participation at the Fall of Silang? How the Tikbalangs made a fool of everyone about Bernardio Carpio, agimats, and even playing mind games with Oryang and co.? How Isagani shelved his temper against Simeoun?
And after a month of everything, we could only ask “Bakit Tiyo?”
But apart from that, Hele sa Hiwagang Hapis was the very example of showcasing the reflection we have in the country right now; all that despite combining the mixtures of fictional literature, historical controversies, religious fanaticism and those mythological creatures we used to be told by those ancient folklore.
- Snappy Rebuttals to Stupid Taxi Driver Excuses - July 24, 2017
- No Quality Kuno?! - January 13, 2017
- Change is Coming?! - December 26, 2016
- Jose Mari Chan season - December 13, 2016
- The Traffic State of Mind - September 8, 2016
- May Pokemon Go Na Sa Pinas! Eh Ano Ngayon?! - August 16, 2016
- Electoral Aftermath (Back to Reality) - May 18, 2016
- Undecided, Open-Minded, or Misled? - May 5, 2016
- Malanding Political Fantard Problem: FO na! - April 21, 2016
- “Sa tingin ba nila gagawa pa kami ng ganun?” - April 16, 2016