- A student flunked a Grade 10 board examination in India
- His father decided to throw a grand party instead of blaming the kid
- The dad said it’s his way of motivating his son
Not all fathers are alike, indeed. And most children would wish that this man from India is their father.
Who would not want a dad, anyway, who, instead of blaming his son for failing an exam, chose to throw a grand party?
According to First Post, Surendra Kumar Vyas, a civil contractor in the city of Sagar in Madhya Pradesh, threw an impromptu celebration after learning his son failed to make the cut in the Grade 10 board examination.
As such, sweets were everywhere; as were the firecrackers in an attempt to turn an otherwise gloomy day into a festive celebration. A disc jockey was also provided for the music and the dancing that follows afterwards.
The father said it was his way of motivating his son instead of watching him sulk in frustration.
“This is how I want to motivate my son. After failing in exams, children go into depression and some of them even take the extreme step …,” the man explained.
“I want to tell such children that boards are not the last exams. There is much more to come in life. My son can reappear in the exam again next year,” he added.
And as expected, the son was very grateful at his father’s unusual gesture.
“I love my father and promise to study hard in this academic session so that I pass with flying colours,” he promised.
Friends, family and neighbors were invited to the party. They were all surprised to learn what it was intended for, but nevertheless praised the father for his odd parenting method.
- Duterte ‘weeps’ during valve opening of oil and gas production in Cebu - May 26, 2018
- Filipino contestant and partner win grand prize in Belgium’s Got Talent - May 26, 2018
- Internet star Jelai Andres gets big surprise from future mom-in-law - May 25, 2018
- Pinoy photographer Rommel Lugada wins bronze in Moscow Int’l Foto Awards - May 25, 2018
- BOC seizes cigarettes, other misdeclared goods worth P36.5M at MICP, Tondo - May 25, 2018
- “More than slimming down”, Bea shares her ‘moral reasons’ for being Pescatarian - May 25, 2018
- Jet Li speaks up after viral photo sparked rumors on his poor health - May 25, 2018
- Groom divorces bride within 15 minutes into marrying her - May 25, 2018
- Apple’s WWDC is set and the invites are out - May 25, 2018
- Anne visits memory lane as she talked about her fave childhood food - May 25, 2018