- A student flunked a Grade 10 board examination in India
- His father decided to throw a grand party instead of blaming the kid
- The dad said it’s his way of motivating his son
Not all fathers are alike, indeed. And most children would wish that this man from India is their father.
Who would not want a dad, anyway, who, instead of blaming his son for failing an exam, chose to throw a grand party?
According to First Post, Surendra Kumar Vyas, a civil contractor in the city of Sagar in Madhya Pradesh, threw an impromptu celebration after learning his son failed to make the cut in the Grade 10 board examination.
As such, sweets were everywhere; as were the firecrackers in an attempt to turn an otherwise gloomy day into a festive celebration. A disc jockey was also provided for the music and the dancing that follows afterwards.
The father said it was his way of motivating his son instead of watching him sulk in frustration.
“This is how I want to motivate my son. After failing in exams, children go into depression and some of them even take the extreme step …,” the man explained.
“I want to tell such children that boards are not the last exams. There is much more to come in life. My son can reappear in the exam again next year,” he added.
And as expected, the son was very grateful at his father’s unusual gesture.
“I love my father and promise to study hard in this academic session so that I pass with flying colours,” he promised.
Friends, family and neighbors were invited to the party. They were all surprised to learn what it was intended for, but nevertheless praised the father for his odd parenting method.
- NGCP honors MAGELCO for best practices - October 15, 2018
- Top Electrical Safety Tips for The Whole Family - October 15, 2018
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - October 8, 2018
- RAWR Awards will be happening again in November - September 19, 2018
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018