- A student flunked a Grade 10 board examination in India
- His father decided to throw a grand party instead of blaming the kid
- The dad said it’s his way of motivating his son
Not all fathers are alike, indeed. And most children would wish that this man from India is their father.
Who would not want a dad, anyway, who, instead of blaming his son for failing an exam, chose to throw a grand party?
According to First Post, Surendra Kumar Vyas, a civil contractor in the city of Sagar in Madhya Pradesh, threw an impromptu celebration after learning his son failed to make the cut in the Grade 10 board examination.
As such, sweets were everywhere; as were the firecrackers in an attempt to turn an otherwise gloomy day into a festive celebration. A disc jockey was also provided for the music and the dancing that follows afterwards.
The father said it was his way of motivating his son instead of watching him sulk in frustration.
“This is how I want to motivate my son. After failing in exams, children go into depression and some of them even take the extreme step …,” the man explained.
“I want to tell such children that boards are not the last exams. There is much more to come in life. My son can reappear in the exam again next year,” he added.
And as expected, the son was very grateful at his father’s unusual gesture.
“I love my father and promise to study hard in this academic session so that I pass with flying colours,” he promised.
Friends, family and neighbors were invited to the party. They were all surprised to learn what it was intended for, but nevertheless praised the father for his odd parenting method.
- 52-year-old OFW found lifeless in a hotel room in Saudi Arabia - August 20, 2018
- Bais City constructs lighthouse for Golden Charter Anniversary - August 20, 2018
- Frightened passengers take video of an alleged white lady along Old Zigzag road - August 20, 2018
- PGH PA condemns Ramon Tulfo ‘cyberbullying, shaming’ a medical staff - August 20, 2018
- Super Tekla reveals facing doubts regarding his sexuality before confirming he’s 100% guy - August 20, 2018
- Filipino math wizards win 24 medals in an international competition held in China - August 20, 2018
- Joma Sison claims PRRD in coma - August 20, 2018
- ‘Inday Will Always Love You’ gets season 2 due to success in ratings, social media - August 18, 2018
- National ID system law to take effect on Saturday, gets P2-B initial funding - August 18, 2018
- Owner, admin of private school in CamSur in hot water over burning of students’ bags out of anger - August 18, 2018