- An extra ballot box was discovered hidden underneath a table at a precinct in Lapu Lapu City, Cebu
- A supporter of a candidate running for brgy. Captain discovered the excess box
- Lenie Mendoza, chairman of the board of canvassers, explained that it would be used for canvassing of votes
On May 14, Monday, an extra ballot box was found under the table of a classroom precinct in Punta Engaño Elementary School, Barangay Punta Engaño, Lapu-Lapu City.
As per a story by Cebu Daily News, concerned voters questioned the existence of the excess ballot box.
A certain voter named Milagros Flores, supporter of brgy. captain candidate, Diosaminda Hayashi, reportedly discovered the extra ballot box in cluster precinct no. 442.
According to Lenie Mendoza, chairperson of the board of canvassers in the area, the ballot box underneath the precinct table would be used for the canvassing of the votes.
She added that they hid the extra box in order to secure it.
A poll watcher for Crisanto Estardo named Jolina Antatico said that they were given the same information before the election.
- NGCP honors MAGELCO for best practices - October 15, 2018
- Top Electrical Safety Tips for The Whole Family - October 15, 2018
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - October 8, 2018
- RAWR Awards will be happening again in November - September 19, 2018
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018