- An extra ballot box was discovered hidden underneath a table at a precinct in Lapu Lapu City, Cebu
- A supporter of a candidate running for brgy. Captain discovered the excess box
- Lenie Mendoza, chairman of the board of canvassers, explained that it would be used for canvassing of votes
On May 14, Monday, an extra ballot box was found under the table of a classroom precinct in Punta Engaño Elementary School, Barangay Punta Engaño, Lapu-Lapu City.
As per a story by Cebu Daily News, concerned voters questioned the existence of the excess ballot box.
A certain voter named Milagros Flores, supporter of brgy. captain candidate, Diosaminda Hayashi, reportedly discovered the extra ballot box in cluster precinct no. 442.
According to Lenie Mendoza, chairperson of the board of canvassers in the area, the ballot box underneath the precinct table would be used for the canvassing of the votes.
She added that they hid the extra box in order to secure it.
A poll watcher for Crisanto Estardo named Jolina Antatico said that they were given the same information before the election.
- 52-year-old OFW found lifeless in a hotel room in Saudi Arabia - August 20, 2018
- Bais City constructs lighthouse for Golden Charter Anniversary - August 20, 2018
- Frightened passengers take video of an alleged white lady along Old Zigzag road - August 20, 2018
- PGH PA condemns Ramon Tulfo ‘cyberbullying, shaming’ a medical staff - August 20, 2018
- Super Tekla reveals facing doubts regarding his sexuality before confirming he’s 100% guy - August 20, 2018
- Filipino math wizards win 24 medals in an international competition held in China - August 20, 2018
- Joma Sison claims PRRD in coma - August 20, 2018
- ‘Inday Will Always Love You’ gets season 2 due to success in ratings, social media - August 18, 2018
- National ID system law to take effect on Saturday, gets P2-B initial funding - August 18, 2018
- Owner, admin of private school in CamSur in hot water over burning of students’ bags out of anger - August 18, 2018