- An extra ballot box was discovered hidden underneath a table at a precinct in Lapu Lapu City, Cebu
- A supporter of a candidate running for brgy. Captain discovered the excess box
- Lenie Mendoza, chairman of the board of canvassers, explained that it would be used for canvassing of votes
On May 14, Monday, an extra ballot box was found under the table of a classroom precinct in Punta Engaño Elementary School, Barangay Punta Engaño, Lapu-Lapu City.
As per a story by Cebu Daily News, concerned voters questioned the existence of the excess ballot box.
A certain voter named Milagros Flores, supporter of brgy. captain candidate, Diosaminda Hayashi, reportedly discovered the extra ballot box in cluster precinct no. 442.
According to Lenie Mendoza, chairperson of the board of canvassers in the area, the ballot box underneath the precinct table would be used for the canvassing of the votes.
She added that they hid the extra box in order to secure it.
A poll watcher for Crisanto Estardo named Jolina Antatico said that they were given the same information before the election.
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018