- An extra ballot box was discovered hidden underneath a table at a precinct in Lapu Lapu City, Cebu
- A supporter of a candidate running for brgy. Captain discovered the excess box
- Lenie Mendoza, chairman of the board of canvassers, explained that it would be used for canvassing of votes
On May 14, Monday, an extra ballot box was found under the table of a classroom precinct in Punta Engaño Elementary School, Barangay Punta Engaño, Lapu-Lapu City.
As per a story by Cebu Daily News, concerned voters questioned the existence of the excess ballot box.
A certain voter named Milagros Flores, supporter of brgy. captain candidate, Diosaminda Hayashi, reportedly discovered the extra ballot box in cluster precinct no. 442.
According to Lenie Mendoza, chairperson of the board of canvassers in the area, the ballot box underneath the precinct table would be used for the canvassing of the votes.
She added that they hid the extra box in order to secure it.
A poll watcher for Crisanto Estardo named Jolina Antatico said that they were given the same information before the election.
- Duterte ‘weeps’ during valve opening of oil and gas production in Cebu - May 26, 2018
- Filipino contestant and partner win grand prize in Belgium’s Got Talent - May 26, 2018
- Internet star Jelai Andres gets big surprise from future mom-in-law - May 25, 2018
- Pinoy photographer Rommel Lugada wins bronze in Moscow Int’l Foto Awards - May 25, 2018
- BOC seizes cigarettes, other misdeclared goods worth P36.5M at MICP, Tondo - May 25, 2018
- “More than slimming down”, Bea shares her ‘moral reasons’ for being Pescatarian - May 25, 2018
- Jet Li speaks up after viral photo sparked rumors on his poor health - May 25, 2018
- Groom divorces bride within 15 minutes into marrying her - May 25, 2018
- Apple’s WWDC is set and the invites are out - May 25, 2018
- Anne visits memory lane as she talked about her fave childhood food - May 25, 2018