- President Duterte’s latest net satisfaction rating showed a huge drop
- Duterte said the result does not interest him
- Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the president and his administration continues to work double time regardless of numbers
President Rodrigo Duterte, whose net satisfaction rating dropped based on the latest Social Weather Station (SWS) survey, shrugged off the result; saying he does not care.
“Bumaba? I do not care…Wala na ako dyan. It does not interest me at all.
[It went down? I do not care. I do not care about that. It doesn’t interest me at all.]
“Basta ako coast along na lang ako…and with the new suggestion since I’m not popular anymore, Congress might decide to find a popular one. You want a popular president? Fine. Good,” the president said according to a GMA News story.
[For me, I am just on the coast, and with the new suggestion, since I’m not famous anymore, Congress might decide to find a popular one. Do you want a popular president? Fine. Good.]
As per the survey conducted from June 27 to 30 gathered based on 1,200 adults; Duterte’s rating declined from +56 in March to +45, or an 11-point decline.
Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, meanwhile, said the president remain the highest compared to his last predecessors.
To note, former president Joseph Estrada went down to +5 on his second year in office, former president Gloria Arroyo also dropped to +6, and former president Benigno Aquino III had +42 rating in May 2012.
Roque added that the President and his administration would continue to work double time “in bringing the fruits of a better and more inclusive economy and in strengthening the government’s drive against illegal drugs, crime and corruption” regardless of the number.
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - September 6, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - September 6, 2018
- Press Release: Groups slam DENR for continued permit issuance and approval of coal projects - September 6, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - September 5, 2018