- President Duterte’s latest net satisfaction rating showed a huge drop
- Duterte said the result does not interest him
- Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the president and his administration continues to work double time regardless of numbers
President Rodrigo Duterte, whose net satisfaction rating dropped based on the latest Social Weather Station (SWS) survey, shrugged off the result; saying he does not care.
“Bumaba? I do not care…Wala na ako dyan. It does not interest me at all.
[It went down? I do not care. I do not care about that. It doesn’t interest me at all.]
“Basta ako coast along na lang ako…and with the new suggestion since I’m not popular anymore, Congress might decide to find a popular one. You want a popular president? Fine. Good,” the president said according to a GMA News story.
[For me, I am just on the coast, and with the new suggestion, since I’m not famous anymore, Congress might decide to find a popular one. Do you want a popular president? Fine. Good.]
As per the survey conducted from June 27 to 30 gathered based on 1,200 adults; Duterte’s rating declined from +56 in March to +45, or an 11-point decline.
Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, meanwhile, said the president remain the highest compared to his last predecessors.
To note, former president Joseph Estrada went down to +5 on his second year in office, former president Gloria Arroyo also dropped to +6, and former president Benigno Aquino III had +42 rating in May 2012.
Roque added that the President and his administration would continue to work double time “in bringing the fruits of a better and more inclusive economy and in strengthening the government’s drive against illegal drugs, crime and corruption” regardless of the number.
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018