- Dingdong Dantes will ‘definitely run’ in the 2019 election
- This was confirmed by his wife, Marian Rivera
- Rivera, however, did not say which position her husband will run for
MANILA, Philippines – Kapuso actor Dingdong Dantes will definitely run for public office in the upcoming 2019 election; this was confirmed on Thursday by his wife Marian Rivera.
However, Marian refused to say which position her husband will run for – a Lower House or a Senate seat.
“Kung anong posisyon hindi ko alam but definitely yes tatakbo siya,” Marian told GMA News. [For which position, I don’t know yet but definitely he’ll run.]
“Hayaan na natin, ibigay natin sa asawa ko na mismo siya maglatag sa inyo kung tatakbo ba siya, ano posisyon, rerespetuhin ko na siya na magsabi sa inyo,” she added.
[Let’s leave it to my husband to reveal which position he will run for, I’ll respect him to personally confirm it to you.]
Marian added they still need to have a heart-to-heart talk regarding her husband’s political plan.
Early reports said Dingdong is interested in joining the congressional race in Quezon City’s 2nd District where he could be up against Precious Hipolito-Castelo, the wife of incumbent Rep. Winston Castelo who is on his third term.
But there were also rumors he is eyeing a Senate seat although the actor refused to make any comment on this.
In Pulse Asia’s April 2018 pre-election survey, Dingdong was ranked between 20 and 25 with an approval rating of 16.8 percent.
- Malinis at maluwag na Divisoria, posible pa ba? - June 22, 2019
- Angelica Panganiban, idinaan na sa socmed ang reklamo sa telco dahil sa palpak na serbisyo - June 21, 2019
- PH Army to train with Israeli forces - June 21, 2019
- DFA chief says ‘NO’ to Recto Bank joint probe with China - June 21, 2019
- PAL voted as 2019’s Most Improved Airline by Skytrax - June 19, 2019
- Facebook launches own cryptocurrency “Libra” - June 19, 2019
- Duterte downplays Recto Bank incident: A “little maritime accident” - June 18, 2019
- Throwback: A 1904 photo of flood outside Manila City Hall - June 17, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019