- Dingdong Dantes will ‘definitely run’ in the 2019 election
- This was confirmed by his wife, Marian Rivera
- Rivera, however, did not say which position her husband will run for
MANILA, Philippines – Kapuso actor Dingdong Dantes will definitely run for public office in the upcoming 2019 election; this was confirmed on Thursday by his wife Marian Rivera.
However, Marian refused to say which position her husband will run for – a Lower House or a Senate seat.
“Kung anong posisyon hindi ko alam but definitely yes tatakbo siya,” Marian told GMA News. [For which position, I don’t know yet but definitely he’ll run.]
“Hayaan na natin, ibigay natin sa asawa ko na mismo siya maglatag sa inyo kung tatakbo ba siya, ano posisyon, rerespetuhin ko na siya na magsabi sa inyo,” she added.
[Let’s leave it to my husband to reveal which position he will run for, I’ll respect him to personally confirm it to you.]
Marian added they still need to have a heart-to-heart talk regarding her husband’s political plan.
Early reports said Dingdong is interested in joining the congressional race in Quezon City’s 2nd District where he could be up against Precious Hipolito-Castelo, the wife of incumbent Rep. Winston Castelo who is on his third term.
But there were also rumors he is eyeing a Senate seat although the actor refused to make any comment on this.
In Pulse Asia’s April 2018 pre-election survey, Dingdong was ranked between 20 and 25 with an approval rating of 16.8 percent.
- NGCP honors MAGELCO for best practices - October 15, 2018
- Top Electrical Safety Tips for The Whole Family - October 15, 2018
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - October 8, 2018
- RAWR Awards will be happening again in November - September 19, 2018
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018