- Dingdong Dantes will ‘definitely run’ in the 2019 election
- This was confirmed by his wife, Marian Rivera
- Rivera, however, did not say which position her husband will run for
MANILA, Philippines – Kapuso actor Dingdong Dantes will definitely run for public office in the upcoming 2019 election; this was confirmed on Thursday by his wife Marian Rivera.
However, Marian refused to say which position her husband will run for – a Lower House or a Senate seat.
“Kung anong posisyon hindi ko alam but definitely yes tatakbo siya,” Marian told GMA News. [For which position, I don’t know yet but definitely he’ll run.]
“Hayaan na natin, ibigay natin sa asawa ko na mismo siya maglatag sa inyo kung tatakbo ba siya, ano posisyon, rerespetuhin ko na siya na magsabi sa inyo,” she added.
[Let’s leave it to my husband to reveal which position he will run for, I’ll respect him to personally confirm it to you.]
Marian added they still need to have a heart-to-heart talk regarding her husband’s political plan.
Early reports said Dingdong is interested in joining the congressional race in Quezon City’s 2nd District where he could be up against Precious Hipolito-Castelo, the wife of incumbent Rep. Winston Castelo who is on his third term.
But there were also rumors he is eyeing a Senate seat although the actor refused to make any comment on this.
In Pulse Asia’s April 2018 pre-election survey, Dingdong was ranked between 20 and 25 with an approval rating of 16.8 percent.
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018
- Philippines climbs 10th place in long-term trade sustainability study - October 31, 2018
- DOST pushes for the creation of a Philippine Space Agency - October 31, 2018
- PCOO reprimands Mocha Uson with memo over ‘pederalismo’ video - October 31, 2018
- Dingdong to run for public office in 2019, says Marian - October 31, 2018