Heavy rains due to the habagat caused flooding in several areas in Metro Manila and nearby provinces. Rescue operations were conducted in severely affected areas. However, in a Barangay in Gumaca, Quezon, a netizen posted a mishap wherein residents ‘rescued’ several boxes of bottled wine.
“Bumaha ng alak”
Online user Reymar John Jordan shared on Facebook early Sunday morning that wine ‘poured’ in a barangay in Gumaca, Quezon.
“While driving….bumaha ng alak umagang umaga…tsk,” his caption goes.
The photos he shared caught the attention of people on social media as it showed people grabbing boxes and bottles of wine which had fallen along a highway in Barangay Hagakhakin.
As per a Balitambayan story, the sides of a delivery van suddenly became loose and caused boxes of wine to fall along the highway. The driver of the van reportedly evaded another vehicle on the curved side of the highway and it was thereafter that the van’s sidings broke loose. The delivery was, supposedly, on its way to Bicol.
The unfortunate incident, according to the Gumaca Municipal Police Station, happened around 7 am on August 12, Sunday, which led to a heavy traffic — and a seemingly “free for all” wine avalanche in the aforementioned barangay.
Residents rushed to the scene of the mishap, but instead of extending assistance to the driver of the delivery van by collecting the unbroken bottles of wine, those seen in the photos took the liberty to hurriedly grab as much bottles as they can.
The Gumaca police said no one has been reported injured. They have no idea as to the total worth of wine the delivery lost.
However, the police said it would have been better if the residents had helped the driver gather the boxes of wine rather than taking advantage of the situation.
Nearly 2,100 comments have poured on Jordan’s post with many finding humor in the ‘wine flooding’, but others chided those involved in the looting; saying that instead of helping the driver, they preferred to take home the bottles of wine.
- PRRD says the country needs more citizens like Ninoy Aquino - August 20, 2018
- Speaker Gloria Arroyo says she has no plans to run as Prime Minister - August 20, 2018
- 52-year-old OFW found lifeless in a hotel room in Saudi Arabia - August 20, 2018
- Bais City constructs lighthouse for Golden Charter Anniversary - August 20, 2018
- Frightened passengers take video of an alleged white lady along Old Zigzag road - August 20, 2018
- PGH PA condemns Ramon Tulfo ‘cyberbullying, shaming’ a medical staff - August 20, 2018
- Super Tekla reveals facing doubts regarding his sexuality before confirming he’s 100% guy - August 20, 2018
- Filipino math wizards win 24 medals in an international competition held in China - August 20, 2018
- Joma Sison claims PRRD in coma - August 20, 2018
- ‘Inday Will Always Love You’ gets season 2 due to success in ratings, social media - August 18, 2018