- SSS clarified that they have not yet announced a date of release for the additional P1,000 for their pensioners
- According to SSS, the amount would be given at the perfect time when the agency has sufficient funds for it, which can be possible during Duterte’s term
- SSS estimated that they will be needing additional P2.3 billion to be able to give the additional P1,000 monthly to their pensioners
The management of Social Security System (SSS) clarified that they have not yet announced a date of release for the additional P1,000 for their pensioners.
According to SSS, the amount would be given at the perfect time when the agency has sufficient funds for it.
“‘Yan ay mangyayari sa panahon ng termino ni President Duterte… ang aming prayoridad ngayon ay mapalakas pa ang pondo ng SSS,” said Emmanuel Dooc, president and CEO of SSS. [That would happen during the term of President Duterte… our top priority now is to strengthen the fund of SSS.]
SSS estimated that they will be needing additional P2.3 billion to be able to give the additional P1,000 monthly to their pensioners.
That’s why the agency wishes to increase the contribution rate of their members by 11%.
The group Bayan Muna calls it “insensitive” if the P1,000 pension would not be given soon.
The representative of the group said that SSS must prioritize more about their collections.
“The SSS pension increase should be funded by their collection which, under the previous administration, has been a dismal 38-42%, which means SSS failed to collect from many employers who did not transmit the SSS contributions of their employees. SSS only collects contribution from 12 million of its 31 million members,” said Bayan Muna Rep. Carlos Zarate.
- NGCP honors MAGELCO for best practices - October 15, 2018
- Top Electrical Safety Tips for The Whole Family - October 15, 2018
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - October 8, 2018
- RAWR Awards will be happening again in November - September 19, 2018
- Palparan sentenced with ‘reclusion perpetua’ over disappearance of 2 UP students - September 17, 2018
- Solaric Leads Solar Panel Installation in the Philippines - September 14, 2018
- Court defers ruling on Trillanes’ arrest warrant - September 13, 2018
- PAGASA: ‘Ompong’ may become supertyphoon before making landfall; threatens Northern Luzon - September 13, 2018
- Maguindanao towns get more power from electrification - September 10, 2018
- Makati court sets hearing on Trillanes’ arrest warrant on September 13 - September 6, 2018