- SSS clarified that they have not yet announced a date of release for the additional P1,000 for their pensioners
- According to SSS, the amount would be given at the perfect time when the agency has sufficient funds for it, which can be possible during Duterte’s term
- SSS estimated that they will be needing additional P2.3 billion to be able to give the additional P1,000 monthly to their pensioners
The management of Social Security System (SSS) clarified that they have not yet announced a date of release for the additional P1,000 for their pensioners.
According to SSS, the amount would be given at the perfect time when the agency has sufficient funds for it.
“‘Yan ay mangyayari sa panahon ng termino ni President Duterte… ang aming prayoridad ngayon ay mapalakas pa ang pondo ng SSS,” said Emmanuel Dooc, president and CEO of SSS. [That would happen during the term of President Duterte… our top priority now is to strengthen the fund of SSS.]
SSS estimated that they will be needing additional P2.3 billion to be able to give the additional P1,000 monthly to their pensioners.
That’s why the agency wishes to increase the contribution rate of their members by 11%.
The group Bayan Muna calls it “insensitive” if the P1,000 pension would not be given soon.
The representative of the group said that SSS must prioritize more about their collections.
“The SSS pension increase should be funded by their collection which, under the previous administration, has been a dismal 38-42%, which means SSS failed to collect from many employers who did not transmit the SSS contributions of their employees. SSS only collects contribution from 12 million of its 31 million members,” said Bayan Muna Rep. Carlos Zarate.
- Duterte ‘weeps’ during valve opening of oil and gas production in Cebu - May 26, 2018
- Filipino contestant and partner win grand prize in Belgium’s Got Talent - May 26, 2018
- Internet star Jelai Andres gets big surprise from future mom-in-law - May 25, 2018
- Pinoy photographer Rommel Lugada wins bronze in Moscow Int’l Foto Awards - May 25, 2018
- BOC seizes cigarettes, other misdeclared goods worth P36.5M at MICP, Tondo - May 25, 2018
- “More than slimming down”, Bea shares her ‘moral reasons’ for being Pescatarian - May 25, 2018
- Jet Li speaks up after viral photo sparked rumors on his poor health - May 25, 2018
- Groom divorces bride within 15 minutes into marrying her - May 25, 2018
- Apple’s WWDC is set and the invites are out - May 25, 2018
- Anne visits memory lane as she talked about her fave childhood food - May 25, 2018