- SSS clarified that they have not yet announced a date of release for the additional P1,000 for their pensioners
- According to SSS, the amount would be given at the perfect time when the agency has sufficient funds for it, which can be possible during Duterte’s term
- SSS estimated that they will be needing additional P2.3 billion to be able to give the additional P1,000 monthly to their pensioners
The management of Social Security System (SSS) clarified that they have not yet announced a date of release for the additional P1,000 for their pensioners.
According to SSS, the amount would be given at the perfect time when the agency has sufficient funds for it.
“‘Yan ay mangyayari sa panahon ng termino ni President Duterte… ang aming prayoridad ngayon ay mapalakas pa ang pondo ng SSS,” said Emmanuel Dooc, president and CEO of SSS. [That would happen during the term of President Duterte… our top priority now is to strengthen the fund of SSS.]
SSS estimated that they will be needing additional P2.3 billion to be able to give the additional P1,000 monthly to their pensioners.
That’s why the agency wishes to increase the contribution rate of their members by 11%.
The group Bayan Muna calls it “insensitive” if the P1,000 pension would not be given soon.
The representative of the group said that SSS must prioritize more about their collections.
“The SSS pension increase should be funded by their collection which, under the previous administration, has been a dismal 38-42%, which means SSS failed to collect from many employers who did not transmit the SSS contributions of their employees. SSS only collects contribution from 12 million of its 31 million members,” said Bayan Muna Rep. Carlos Zarate.
- 52-year-old OFW found lifeless in a hotel room in Saudi Arabia - August 20, 2018
- Bais City constructs lighthouse for Golden Charter Anniversary - August 20, 2018
- Frightened passengers take video of an alleged white lady along Old Zigzag road - August 20, 2018
- PGH PA condemns Ramon Tulfo ‘cyberbullying, shaming’ a medical staff - August 20, 2018
- Super Tekla reveals facing doubts regarding his sexuality before confirming he’s 100% guy - August 20, 2018
- Filipino math wizards win 24 medals in an international competition held in China - August 20, 2018
- Joma Sison claims PRRD in coma - August 20, 2018
- ‘Inday Will Always Love You’ gets season 2 due to success in ratings, social media - August 18, 2018
- National ID system law to take effect on Saturday, gets P2-B initial funding - August 18, 2018
- Owner, admin of private school in CamSur in hot water over burning of students’ bags out of anger - August 18, 2018