Twenty-two inmates of the Bacoor City Police Custodial Center in Cavite made a daring escape at around 4:23 p.m. on Friday, July 27.
Cavite Provincial Police Director Senior Supt. William Segun said the inmates rushed up to a jail guard who opened the detention cell gate to bring in a new detainee. Contrary to earlier reports that the escape was planned, Segun said it was not.
“Hindi ito planned. Hindi plano ito at nakakita lang sila ng pagkakataon, he said. [This was not planned, they just saw an oppportunity]
“Habang ‘yung ating jailer ay pinapasok sa kulungan, ‘yung bagong huli after taking ng mugshot nung bubuksan niya ‘yung selda bigla siyang itinulak ng isang inmate, na-out balance siya at dahil dun nag-rush up itong mga nakakulong doon, sinamantala ang pagkakataon at tumakas,” Segun explained.
[A jailer was bringing in a new detainee after taking his mugshot. When he was opening the cell gate, he was pushed by an inmate and he lost his balance. It was then that the inmates rushed up and took the opportunity to escape.]
Three of the escapees were recaptured within an hour of the daring escape, according to ABS-CBN. Two others were surrendered by their relatives to the police. The following day, three more escapes were caught.
The remaining 14 escapees are now the subject of a manhunt operation, Police Officer 2 Walter Frisco, radio operator at Bacoor police’s Tactical Operations Center (TOC), said.
Frisco urged the public to call immediately call the Bacoor police’s TOC hotline 0977-752-0819 for any information about the escapees.
- Malinis at maluwag na Divisoria, posible pa ba? - June 22, 2019
- Angelica Panganiban, idinaan na sa socmed ang reklamo sa telco dahil sa palpak na serbisyo - June 21, 2019
- PH Army to train with Israeli forces - June 21, 2019
- DFA chief says ‘NO’ to Recto Bank joint probe with China - June 21, 2019
- PAL voted as 2019’s Most Improved Airline by Skytrax - June 19, 2019
- Facebook launches own cryptocurrency “Libra” - June 19, 2019
- Duterte downplays Recto Bank incident: A “little maritime accident” - June 18, 2019
- Throwback: A 1904 photo of flood outside Manila City Hall - June 17, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019