It is now trending news in different boxing forums that avid supporters of eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao are asking their idol to choose either Juan Manuel Marquez or Floyd Mayweather, Jr. as his next opponent, for these fighters will certainly bring excitement in the world.
Until now, there is no confirmation if it will come to fruition in the following months. Boxing fans are eagerly waiting for the latest update from Top Rank Bob Arum, a former US attorney in New York in the tax division and a founder of Top Rank Promotions.
Arum is still trying to convince Marquez to fight Pacquiao for a fifth time in exchange for a great deal of money. However, the Mexican warrior is making it hard to seal the deal and seems he is not interested in signing the contract.
Does it mean Arum will open the door to talk for possible mega-fight between Mayweather, Jr. and Pacquiao? I don’t think so. It is premature to say that these two top boxing promotional companies in the world are working together to make the fight that everyone loves to see. Pacquiao had told the media several times that “He is willing to fight the undefeated American boxer anytime, anywhere.” Also, he already agreed for 24-hour drug test monitoring – before, during and after the fight.
As we all want to see the best fighters fight each other, their time is up. I would say that the numbers of fans who still hope for this prizefight to happen have significantly fell down over the past years. On several occasions, we have heard boxing aficionados air their grievances and disappointments for this supposedly biggest fight of the year.
Read more at http://aloncalinaody.blogspot.com/2014/07/boxing-aficionados-pressure-marquez-or.html
- Will Mayweather Fight Pacquiao in 2015? - July 20, 2014
- Click Like Button To Stop Typhoon Glenda - July 15, 2014
- Manny Pacquiao To Run For Senator in 2016 - July 13, 2014
- Why Do I Eat Brown Rice instead of White Rice? - July 5, 2014
- 5 Ways to Reduce Air Pollution in Metro Manila - July 4, 2014
- Congratulations to Failed Examinees in May 2014 Nursing Board Exam - July 4, 2014
- Boxing Aficionados Pressure Marquez or Mayweather to Fight Pacquiao - July 3, 2014
- An Apple A Day Will Save Your Money - July 2, 2014
- Saying Sorry Will Not Make You A Less Man - June 30, 2014
- Facts About Eating Avocado - June 29, 2014