- Bongbong Marcos is eyeing the presidency
- Politics being his career, he said he aspires to as high a stature within his chosen field as he can achieve – the presidency
- Bongbong Marcos is currently involved in an electoral protest against Vice President Leni Robredo
Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr., the son and namesake of the late strongman of the Philippines, Ferdinand E. Marcos Sr., is eyeing to become the next president of the country after President Rodrigo Duterte’s term ends in 2022.
In an interview with the London-based Financial Times, Bongbong Marcos disclosed his desire to become the president of the country.
“My career is politics, and, of course, you aspire to as high a stature within your chosen field as you can achieve – and that would be president in my case. But it is not something that I wake up in the morning and plan on,” the younger Marcos said.
When asked for his platform, Bongbong Marcos said he would support civil servants and teachers and make appointments based on merit and not political loyalty. He mildly criticized Pres. Duterte for his very strict adherence to the policy of not hiring or appointing someone he does not know.
“Because he’s (Pres. Duterte) now in the national arena, he must take advantage of the talent that’s available out there,” Bongbong said.
Bongbong also said that during his father’s time as president of the country, he would always hear the phrase “nation-building” which he said he no longer hear anymore.
“In my father’s administration, I kept hearing ‘nation-building’, and I do not hear that phrase anymore. It’s more politicking than nation-building,” he said.
Bongbong Marcos is currently involved in an electoral protest against Vice President Leni Robredo. The Supreme Court sitting as the Presidential Electoral Tribunal is conducting a manual recount of votes in several voting precincts.
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019
- KC Concepcion gifts her childhood nanny a brand new house - November 5, 2018
- KathNiel’s ‘The Hows of Us’ sets record with P35M box-office opening gross - October 31, 2018
- Gilas turns attention to FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers after ASIAN Games - October 31, 2018
- Palace denies Duterte brought 400-man delegation to Israel - October 31, 2018
- No Senate run for PAO chief Persida Acosta in 2019 - October 31, 2018
- NFA OKs immediate importation of 133,5000 MT of rice for Zambasutla - October 31, 2018