“Isa kang Batang Nineties kung nalungkot at natuwa ka sa ‘In Love and War’ album nina Ely at Francism.”
Ang album na ginawa ng dalawa sa mga icons ng Dekada NoBenta ay magdadalawang taon na sa susunod na buwan. Marami ang natuwa dahil muling narinig ng mga Pinoy at ng buong mundo ang himig ng yumaong Master Rapper. Ganunpaman, marami rin ang nalungkot dahil ito ang nagpapaalala na iniwan na tayo ni Francis M.
Bilang pagkilala sa talento ng aking mga iniidolo kasama ang ibang mga musikerong tumulong sa paglikha ng “ilaw”, muli kong inilalathala ang aking pagsusuri sa malufet na obra:
I spent my whole weekend listening to “In Love and War“. This is the “unfinished collaboration album” from Ely Buendia and Francis Magalona. Thanks to today’s technology, Ely together with other talented musicians was able to finish what him and the late Master Rapper have started. And as promised, I’ll come up with my biased review on this highly anticipated and much talked-about masterpiece.
The album opens up with “Higante“, a song which was pre-released last year accompanied with a music video – this is technically, the first single off the album. I was already here in Saudi when I first saw it on Youtube and I guess evereyone in Manila and around the globe got a nice taste on it as it circulated in cyberspace for free. Hardware Syndrome did a great job on the musical aspect of this song. It’s pure energy that complemented with the lyrics that talks about a fight with “giants” which represents hardships and adversities in life such as leukemia.
“Bleeder” is the song that gave me the creeps. Hearing Francis sing “‘coz I’m a bleeder, common stick me with your needle, coz I’m a bleeder so give my vessels some breather” will make you come to your senses that this is the most personal for him. Pupil’s catchy rhythm made the track even more powerful…
JAYSON BUBAY QUITIQUIT is a 33-year old civil engineer currently working in Chaozhou, China. He is a frustrated blogger and former guitarist of an unknown band called Demo From Mars. He maintains several blogs namely NoBenta, Noong Ako ay Bata Pa…, Paul & Xander, and Frontispiece 2.0.
- In Remembrance: ERNIE BARON (Aug 15, 1940 ~ Jan 23, 2006) - August 17, 2016
- Gusto Mo Bang Magbalik-Tanaw sa 80’s at 90’s? - June 28, 2014
- FREE E-BOOK DOWNLOAD: Noong Ako ay Bata Pa… Vol. 1 - May 31, 2014
- Noong Ako ay Bata Pa, ang Pagkakaintindi Ko ay Taun-Taong Namamatay at Muling Nabubuhay Si Papa Jesus - April 12, 2014
- Balik-Tanaw: Ang Pagpapa-Long Hair ng mga Kabataan Noong 90’s - April 8, 2014
- Balik-Tanaw: FLIGHT 387 TRAGEDY - March 24, 2014
- Balik-Tanaw: Ang Sipon ni Pavarotti - March 21, 2014
- Balik-Tanaw: Naalala Niyo Pa Ba ang SPICE GIRLS? - January 22, 2014
- Balik-Tanaw: Naaalala Mo Pa Ba ang POPEMOBILE na Ginamit ni Pope John Paul II Noong 1995 World Youth Day sa Pilipinas? - January 7, 2014
- FREE E-BOOK DOWNLOAD: Dekada NoBenta – Mga Kuwentong Karanasan ng Isang Batang 90’s Volume 1 - January 4, 2014